AK Rifles banner
101 - 120 of 153 Posts
kayakdog01 said:
What mauser actions would these fit on? I would be in for a set, I have a turkish mauser action that I would like to scope, no idea if it would work. Any ideas?
It should work fine, but regardless of the type of Mauser you use, you still "might" have to relieve or modify the bolt to clear the scope.

Discussion starter · #104 ·
GREAT NEWS !!!!!

I got an email from Emina (ZRAK) this morning. I have a "gift" sample on the way that should arrive 4 or 5 March.

Based on the sample (which I know will be fine) we will start action to begin a group buy. This group buy will involve using an importer and will incur import costs. Those costs will be spread across the total number of units within the group buy.

KF

Krinkfreak said:
GREAT NEWS !!!!!

I got an email from Emina (ZRAK) this morning. I have a "gift" sample on the way that should arrive 4 or 5 March.

Based on the sample (which I know will be fine) we will start action to begin a group buy. This group buy will involve using an importer and will incur import costs. Those costs will be spread across the total number of units within the group buy.

KF
Sweet deal, Krink appreciate you putting this together... these mounts are hard to come by.

The mounts are near impossible to find, so this will be great for the members that want to do a clone M48 sniper rifle.

For those of you that plan on doing this, make damn sure you properly solder the mounts on the receiver...red Locktite ain't gonna get it.

Clean the metal bare on the mounts and receiver section, and double check your screws, make sure they are properly heat treated. The examples I had were a bit soft and deformed easily.

Get a good tap...Mauser receivers can be VERY hard, and can be difficult to tap. This is an issue that was encountered last year on a project.

When you mount the scope in the rings and get it set, blue Locktite works well.

M48s that are bedded well, and have an excellent barrel can shoot outstanding groups with quality ammo such as Yugo white box 1970s dates.
Probably the best choice would be the captured German 98ks that were refurbed to new condition.

Discussion starter · #110 ·
I will be starting a new post today to provide initial details on how we are going to proceed on this M48 ZRAK Scope Mount Group Buy.

Discussion starter · #115 ·
You guys need to post your desired quantities in the other thread.

KF

Discussion starter · #119 ·
DrPepper said:
Krinkfreak said:
You guys need to post your desired quantities in the other thread.

KF
How about a link to the "other thread" ?
It's the only other announcement thread in the Optics section...

OODA_Loop said:
Short answer: They used whatever they could get their hands on, and anything would be 'correct.'
^^^^This^^^^ The latest Balkan wars really redefined ways to bubba guns up. My position on Yugoslav rifles: The only truely authentic Yugo is one that has been "made original". :bh:

Ever seen a supersized MRUD?

101 - 120 of 153 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.