AK Rifles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a new M70 a few weeks ago from Atlantic firearms, they shipped it very quickly and I had within a few days. I got the one with the polymer adjustable stock, I would of rather had wood but this polymer is really working nicely for me. Anyway I only put 30 rounds through it after initial cleaning and lube and the rifle shot and functioned great, I have a 3-9 scope mounted and I just basically wanted to sight it in. I have other AK's that I shoot often but this new M70 has less recoil and I really like the way it shoots, don't know if it's the polymer adjustable stock or what, but it's a joy to shoot. I took a mini 30 (7.62x39) along with and the M70 has 1/3 less recoil than the mini. I only sighted in at 25 yards as there is a foot of snow on the ground, it took about 10 rounds to get it zeroed. Next time I'll take it out to 100 yards and further and see how it does. I only had Tula ammo today for function testing, next time I'll bring a few varieties to test out but so far so good.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I personally prefer the surplus wood over the wood they currently come with, but either or looks better than the polymer options.

Sounds like Zastava may be making some functional improvements by cutting back the overgassing a little bit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I picked up a new M70 a few weeks ago from Atlantic firearms, they shipped it very quickly and I had within a few days. I got the one with the polymer adjustable stock, I would of rather had wood but this polymer is really working nicely for me. Anyway I only put 30 rounds through it after initial cleaning and lube and the rifle shot and functioned great, I have a 3-9 scope mounted and I just basically wanted to sight it in. I have other AK's that I shoot often but this new M70 has less recoil and I really like the way it shoots, don't know if it's the polymer adjustable stock or what, but it's a joy to shoot. I took a mini 30 (7.62x39) along with and the M70 has 1/3 less recoil than the mini. I only sighted in at 25 yards as there is a foot of snow on the ground, it took about 10 rounds to get it zeroed. Next time I'll take it out to 100 yards and further and see how it does. I only had Tula ammo today for function testing, next time I'll bring a few varieties to test out but so far so good.
I have the exact same gun. It shoots very smooth. At first I thought it was the furniture as the polymer stock doesn't have the rise that the original Yugo stocks have but its not that.

I have mixed feelings about the polymer. The wood does look nice but the polymer has some advantages - its pretty tough and you don't have to worry about damaging it. It doesn't dent or scratch as easily as wood. Though if you are into that battlefield pick up thing than scratches and dents don't matter ;) . The adjustable length of pull is nice as is the adjustable cheek riser. That Archangel stock is very solid.

I didnt use to care for polymer but I got over it due to my HK's. I have both pistols and rifles with polymer and I like it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts