AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this is the right forum to post this.

I'm wanting to buy one of these if I can find the right stock to fit the picatinny thing on the back of it to SBR it.

Are they made pretty well, and what's the chances of finding a stock like pictured that would fit it?

Thanks!

I'd like a stock like this.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I recently purchased one exactly like you pictured.

I went with an A3 Tactical side folding brace:

PICATINNY MODULAR SIDE FOLDING ARM BRACE

Went with the straight brace with a Strongarm Brace.

The brace is aluminum, locks up nicely, and looks great on the ZPAP.

No pics though. Too paranoid to post.

However, You should be able to find a stock hinge kit that will fit any stock you want.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those look good with a tailhook mod 1 brace. The tailhook mod 1 is the only brace I can stand to look at.

Put one on my Shockwave.

Don't be scared!

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The top one is an SB Tactical TF1913

You can also remove that 1913 rail and mount a folding stock right on the trunnion.

That's exactly what I want to put on one. The metal one...there will be no plastic on it for sure.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

That stock would require taking the picatinny thing off the back, because it mounts with the pistol grip.

Talked to the dude today at US Machinegun and he said it wraps around the bottom and side of the rear receiver and it super strong.

Anyone have anything like this? I'm kinda on the fence about putting the coolest brace I can find on it and not stamping it. I could use it as a truck gun, and leave the state without ATF hassles.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I bought my M85 and M92 when they were still between $800-$850. I'm the variety type so I went two different routes with both of mine. I'll just post photos and you can ask questions about something if interested.

This is the M92.
IMG_20210407_192111.jpg
IMG_20210407_192129.jpg
IMG_20210407_192142.jpg
IMG_20210407_192232.jpg
IMG_20210407_192238.jpg
IMG_20210407_192320.jpg
IMG_20210407_192330.jpg
IMG_20210407_192355.jpg
IMG_20210407_192406.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
That stock would require taking the picatinny thing off the back, because it mounts with the pistol grip.

Talked to the dude today at US Machinegun and he said it wraps around the bottom and side of the rear receiver and it super strong.

Anyone have anything like this? I'm kinda on the fence about putting the coolest brace I can find on it and not stamping it. I could use it as a truck gun, and leave the state without ATF hassles.

You can put a brace on after you SBR. USMG makes great stuff, I have a hinged adapter for a PAK9 and it's great.

I ordered one of these below from CNC Warrior for the 1913 rail of my ZPAP92 so I can interchange with brace when I go out of state. Don't know if it will work, it's for the SAM7K.

There is a 1913 option. Ordered a month ago, it might take longer than my Form 1.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You can put a brace on after you SBR. USMG makes great stuff, I have a hinged adapter for a PAK9 and it's great.

I ordered one of these below from CNC Warrior for the 1913 rail of my ZPAP92 so I can interchange with brace when I go out of state. Don't know if it will work, it's for the SAM7K.

There is a 1913 option. Ordered a month ago, it might take longer than my Form 1.
I saw those today, that would be perfect...but out of stock.

Yeah waiting on stuff sucks. I sent my stamp off for my CZ Scorpion and ordered a sliding stock from Manticore Arms. Took 17 days to get my stamp, took 58 days to get the stock.

·
Registered
34 Posts
These are great Krinks! Fun to shoot!
There is a thriving aftermarket parts community made up of USA manufacturers.
Mine has a hinged dust cover with a pict rail from a company in Texas. Great; Solid; Easy-Peasy.
ALG trigger; CMC drop in trigger; lots more
Enhanced safety from Krebs Custom
USA Made Bulgarian 4-piece flash hider
Enhanced recoil springs
Etc. Etc.

One Question: Why The Hell Do You Want To Turn It Into An SBR?
The M92 doesn't need a tax stamp
It doesn't need BATFE approval to take on an out-of-state trip.
It doesn't need a long wait to sell it to someone else.
It doesn't need special paperwork to sell to someone else.

Brace with ATF letters are available at the same relative cost as the SB Tactical compliant braces.
And if all braces are outlawed, just remove the brace and you still have a pistol.
If POTUS Biden declares the M92 an SBR, the ATF has indicated it will allow the reclassification to SBR and give the $200 Stamp with charge.
You could also add a barrel-lengthener (a f7", faux suppressor attached) and turn it into a rifle.

Buy 2 today!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
These are great Krinks! Fun to shoot!
There is a thriving aftermarket parts community made up of USA manufacturers.
Mine has a hinged dust cover with a pict rail from a company in Texas. Great; Solid; Easy-Peasy.
ALG trigger; CMC drop in trigger; lots more
Enhanced safety from Krebs Custom
USA Made Bulgarian 4-piece flash hider
Enhanced recoil springs
Etc. Etc.

One Question: Why The Hell Do You Want To Turn It Into An SBR?
The M92 doesn't need a tax stamp
It doesn't need BATFE approval to take on an out-of-state trip.
It doesn't need a long wait to sell it to someone else.
It doesn't need special paperwork to sell to someone else.

Brace with ATF letters are available at the same relative cost as the SB Tactical compliant braces.
And if all braces are outlawed, just remove the brace and you still have a pistol.
If POTUS Biden declares the M92 an SBR, the ATF has indicated it will allow the reclassification to SBR and give the $200 Stamp with charge.
You could also add a barrel-lengthener (a f7", faux suppressor attached) and turn it into a rifle.

Buy 2 today!

The place I was gonna buy one had 5 in stock today. When I finally decided that's what I wanted...they were out of stock.

I've never saw a brace on a pistol I really liked.

You can deactivate a SBR pretty easy if you want to sell it as a pistol or regular rifle.

I guess it wasn't meant to be. Could be God giving me a sign to look for a underfolder Norinco.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts