AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

New to the forum but have been searching through it. Lots of great info! I'm looking for a clear answer for two questions about the comb heights and barrels on the O-PAP and N-PAP rifles.

It appears that the N-PAP rifles have higher than average comb heights, making the iron sights rough to use. Does the O-PAP have a lower comb height?

Also, it seems that the O-PAP rifles have a heavy barrel. Do the N-PAPS have this same barrel?

Any clarification would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
Yugos in general have a high comb height. People either hate them or not. Most just move their face closer to the receiver and the problem pretty much goes away.

·
Registered
20 Posts
From my recent research of the PAP rifles the only difference is the bulged reciever trunnion on the O PAP making it weigh about 2 pounds more than the N PAP

·
Technical Advisor
16,056 Posts
From my recent research of the PAP rifles the only difference is the bulged reciever trunnion on the O PAP making it weigh about 2 pounds more than the N PAP
I doubt the bulged trunnion and 1.5mm receiver is 2 lbs. heavier.
They both have the same barrel.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The comb on the NPAP makes it very tough (for me at least) to get lined up on the iron sights. The advice to slide forward may work on an OPAP but fact that the comb starts so close to the receiver on the NPAP makes that fairly hard to do. FWIW, I would not recommend the NPAP for anyone wanting to use the irons. As I stated in another thread, it's ok for optics but it's all but useless to me as far as using the open sights. That was kind of disappointing because I initially had no intention of putting optics on this rifle.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have an O-PAP on the way so I'll report back on the comb height and irons soon. Keeping my fingers crossed. Now for the hardest part, the long wait!

For weights, the lowest I've seen for the N-PAP is 7.7 lbs w/o magazine. Zastava's web site has the civilian composite PAPs as 8.6lbs (3.9kg) and military M70s listed as more than 4kg. Dunno if the difference comes from Zastava weighing with mags and some of the dealers weighing without.

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
The comb on the NPAP makes it very tough (for me at least) to get lined up on the iron sights. The advice to slide forward may work on an OPAP but fact that the comb starts so close to the receiver on the NPAP makes that fairly hard to do. FWIW, I would not recommend the NPAP for anyone wanting to use the irons. As I stated in another thread, it's ok for optics but it's all but useless to me as far as using the open sights. That was kind of disappointing because I initially had no intention of putting optics on this rifle.
Sorry, dont own an NPAP, but you can always put a standard yugo buttstock on it. You will still have to "put your nose in the receiver" but no rpneed for optics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts