AK Rifles banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help in determining what this rifle is worth.Started as an M95 kit; the back end is M70 stock parts with a US made M72 trunion in a modified NDS M72 receiver and Ironwood teak furniture. Also has an M89 rail on the other side, and a Red Star Arms 2-stage match trigger. The rifle was built by Mario at PoHF. I installed new tritium lamps in the night sights a year ago, so those work great. Its not been fired but for function test; it s safe queen, and I have 5 proper M85/95 Zastava magazines with it.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I would say around 6,7,800 depending. whats with the gap between the gas tube and gas block?

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
You're dealing with an extremely thin market. From what I've seen, kits + receivers go for what complete properly built rifles go for. I sold a kit and receiver over a year ago and got around $1000 which is what complete rifles were going for. Do a Gunbroker search on completed auctions for "m95 -barrett -steyr -budapest -styer -tikka". You'll see that the most people are bidding is about $1000, but sellers are not willing to part for that price. For what you're realistically going to be able to get for it, I'd just keep it. In my opinion it's one of the best AK variants out there.

whats with the gap between the gas tube and gas block?
That's an adjustment to let out variable amounts of gas.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Your M95 is an absolutely beautiful example of a 5.56 Yugo rifle! I can only imagine what you personally dumped into the kit, and what you paid Mario to build it. I saw the ad you had awhile back trying to sell it, but I just can't scrounge up the amount of money you wanted for it. Again, awesome rifle and I wish I had one in my collection! :hail:

·
Banned
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your M95 is an absolutely beautiful example of a 5.56 Yugo rifle! I can only imagine what you personally dumped into the kit, and what you paid Mario to build it. I saw the ad you had awhile back trying to sell it, but I just can't scrounge up the amount of money you wanted for it. Again, awesome rifle and I wish I had one in my collection! :hail:
To be honest I had no idea what to list it for and went on the high side to see what interest there was. Didnt get much, so I thought I'd do some more research.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
It is a strange market. Seems people have no trouble selling a WASR for $600, but you could have a tough time selling that rifle for $1200. In terms of quality, that rifle is easily, EASILY worth twice what a WASR is, but...that is the market today. Low end stuff is in high demand and is selling for relatively high prices, and folks aren't really willing to part with the extra cash to get higher quality firearms. At least, that's what I am seeing.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I think there were 500 kits imported? I paid around 400 for mine way back. Big problem is they never gained the collector status they should have, not sure why. They are worth more than 1k but that seems to be what they are selling for.

·
Premium Member
13,390 Posts
The same here. I am amazed to see $1000.00 WASR's on Armslists selling when a O PAP for almost have the money can be bought. This is just not the right time to sell a great example
such as yours unless absolutely necessary. My guess is after mid-term elections next year, values will once again rise with expected anti-gun chatter. That said, a mental case with a
weapon could start the "Assault Rifle" crap up all over again at any time...and lately they seem to be doing just that. My point is just hang on and wait for a better market...if able.

·
Technical Advisor
16,056 Posts
My .02..., Likely a $1300 -$1400 rifle to the right buyer.

PRO's
Quality Yugo firearm with great features - (adjustable gas valve, great length of pull, nice ergos, night sights, optics rail, match trigger.
Quality furniture and appearance
Assembled by a quality builder
Uncommon variant

CON's
Configuration is not original model., and trunnion likely indicates underfolder model (collector negative)
Build cost was likely quite high
5.56 AK variants tend to underperform sales of 7.62 rifles
Kind of a "tweener" rifle., not full on collector., but a very nice shooter (current 5.56 ammo prices a little bit of a negative)
Lots if Yugo variants in the marketplace at present at <$600

·
Registered
536 Posts
BB gave me a great deal on the rifle, and hopefully it will arrive at my FFL in a few days. I've got a significant stash of 5.56 so the caliber is not an issue with me. I did inquire about the designation on the trunnion, but he couldn't recall and the rifle had already shipped. If I were a betting man I'd say it marked M95 A given those were the M95's that were imported as kits, but since it is a custom high quality build by Mario at POHF that really doesn't bother me. As stated it is a very unique rifle and I am super excited to add it to my collection. Another big plus right now is the current cost of magazines with the influx of M85 PV pistols. I'll be stacking the mags deep so I don't end up paying a fortune later like I had to do with my SAR-3. Hell, even the Bulgy 5.56 mags for my Gordon Tech K-101 cost me double what the M85/95 mags are selling for right now.

·
Technical Advisor
16,056 Posts
Congrats., they are nice rifles. :) I have a M95 underfolder., .I was lucky and got a kit with matching bayonet serialized to the rifle and import document etc. Great shooter and a few other 5.56's and builds. Planning a M85 hybrid build with a longer barrel this winter.
The cheap Yugo 5.56 mags is a plus as you mention.

·
Premium Member
7,602 Posts
Depending on if the market is at a high or low will make a big difference on the M95, as there are so few of them.

That being said, ion todays market I would say $1200-$1500 is a reasonable starting point depending on how fast you want it to sell. At the higher times in the market I have seen them go for as much as $1800-$1900.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have no plans of ever selling off the M95 that that I have it. I have always wanted one, but I did not want another underfolder. When BB originally put it up for sale I almost went as far as to take out a small loan that's how bad I wanted a fixed stock M95. BB was gracious enough to cut me an excellent deal and now I own the 5.56 AK I've always wanted. Even though the trunnion markings are highly likely to be for a M95A I still prefer that it has been built as a M95. Knowing that Mario did the work only makes it that much better in my eyes. Out of the three 5.56 AKs I now own I will be keeping the M95 and K-101 due to their quality and rarity. I hate to do it but the SAR-3 will be put up for sale soon. It has served me well and is a tack driver that excepted a variety of 5.56 AK mags without significant modifications, but it was always meant to be an interim 5.56 rifle until I could get the quality rifle I wanted. I owe BB a sincere thank you for selling me his M95. :smileak:

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Configuration is not original model., and trunnion likely indicates underfolder model (collector negative)
If I remember correctly, the "A" at the end of the model designation indicates that the rifle was originally an underfolder. M95's have been manufactured with two different types of fixed stock rear trunnions. One has the rivet pattern as shown on this rifle. A member from France posted a picture of his original M95 with this type of rear trunnion. The other has a rivet pattern that appears similar to the one that's used on the M21.

This is the type that was pictured on Zastava's website before the M95 was removed.

I did inquire about the designation on the trunnion, but he couldn't recall and the rifle had already shipped. If I were a betting man I'd say it marked M95 A given those were the M95's that were imported as kits,
I purchased about 10 to 12 kits. Half were marked M90A and half were marked M95A. There were no differences in the kits otherwise and there was correlation to the serial numbers, some of which were very close.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I purchased about 10 to 12 kits. Half were marked M90A and half were marked M95A. There were no differences in the kits otherwise and there was correlation to the serial numbers, some of which were very close.
I have been doing a bit of research as to which Zastava 5.56 AKs had the grenade sight on the gas block and which ones did not. Here's what I'm tracking...

M80 / M80A - No integrated grenade sight on gas block (separate sight placed in front of FSB when grenade spigot attached)
M90 / M90A - Integrated grenade sight on gas block
M95 / M95A - No integrated grenade sight on gas block (separate sight placed in front of FSB when grenade spigot attached)

Is this information correct?

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
M90 / M90A - Integrated grenade sight on gas block
M95 / M95A - No integrated grenade sight on gas block (separate sight placed in front of FSB when grenade spigot attached)
I have no idea regarding the M80's. All of the kits I have/had were marked M90A or M95A. None of them had integrated grenade sights on the gas block.

Here's a picture of one of the parts kits that I sold. The gas blocks all look like the one in this picture.

Here's a picture that I just refound.

Notice the rivet pattern for the fixed stock rear trunnion. Again, they seem to have been made with this rivet pattern and the M70 rivet pattern rear trunnions.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts