AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere but my searches haven't yielded a definitive answer.

I am thinking of purchasing a M77. However I want to be able to reload my brass. I am wondering if the M77 mangles the cases beyond the reloading point. I really appreciate any feedback!

·
Registered
14 Posts
My M77 will ding the brass... but it is definitely reloadable. My goal is reloading support only for my M77. Waiting to see if CAI offers parts... if so I'll buy another regulator and play with port diameters. I made my own brass catcher that keeps the secondary damage (hitting concrete... or range neighbors foreheads :D) to a minimum. Brass catcher consists of 5/16 Home Depot round steel stock, some MIG welding, a Walmart delicate wash bag, and a rattle can of gloss black...

·
Registered
290 Posts
See if you can buy a spare gas block assembly from assault weapons of ohio for an m76 I got one myself. They you could mod the regulator maybe even sell off the rest

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't believe AWO stocks M77 parts. In fact I have not seen an availability announcement of M77 spare parts from anyone yet. The M77 gas regulator is longer than the M76... they are not compatible. I do have a spare regulator for my M76 (purchased from AWO) and am playing with different port sizes to tame the cycle for brass recovery / reload reasons... not there yet...

·
Registered
290 Posts
Ah sorry about that bill I shouldn't have assumed they're the same size, what about modding and lengthening the spare m76 regulator? I actually welded over the smallest m76 gas hole and undersized it to tune my 76 to run 50's yugo and Turk reliably

1 - 7 of 7 Posts