AK Rifles banner

Zastava M70 Optic Mount

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Duece McCracken 
#1 ·
What a good optic mount for a m70? Lots of options and not sure which wat to go for a red dot and a magnifier

#3 ·
In order of (my) preference for side rails: RS Regulate (hard to find in stock), Mastermount/Midwest Industries; all have to be Yugo specific. I am also a fan of a full rail vs front/rear biased as it allows for more flexibility for mounting spots and if you decide to change optics to say, a LVPO.

#5 ·
The RS Regulate is very nice but impossible to find, I got lucky after waiting months. I have the one that Zastava sells and am not currently using it. Also one made by Master Mount seems very stout, I would take it over the one Zastava sells.
If your not in a rush try to find the RS Regulate, if you want it sooner try the Master Mount.
A little tip, pay attention to how the locking mechanism adjusts!

#7 ·
I actually didn't think the Zastava mount looked to bad but I found that by design it doesn't go as far forward as others and mine will not center over the bore. I'm far from an optics guru but I'm thinking it may not matter as much with a red dot.
My RS Regulate is dead nuts on center.

#10 ·
I'd stay away from the Midwest Industries, non adjustable, side mount full rail. It has no adjustment to center the pic rail. So it can be quite offset from center. Its a bit of a chonker too. Solid rail, nice locking, but i ditched it for the above reasons.

Currently I run a RS regulate setup, and they really are the llama's pajamas. Fantastic locking/locking adjustment, and the ability to adjust the rail side to side to run true with your AK.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.