AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again, I recently submitted a post about VEPR's and Romanian PSL's with great response, thank you all who responded. One of the responses mentioned a Zastava M-91, I looked online and found many images of one, I must say I really like it. Now, will they ever be imported or is this just wishful thinking.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Save your monies. Its most likely coming.

·
Banned
950 Posts
I'd like to see an M77 with factory 20 rd magazines and new style rail. Be nice if they brought those in.

·
Technical Advisor
16,054 Posts
Several people have been in contact with Zastava directly. Their Marketing has indicated that Century Arms will be importing the M91 in 2014. No real details on price or configuration. But a DMR import type rifle in 54r is a nice possibility.

The current M77's are inexpensive and well worth the effort to modify to a reasonable milspec clone. The rails appear to be the current production seen on the M70B3 etc., Dunno what other type they are using.

I cloned up one of the recent imports and it is a nice shooter.

·
Banned
950 Posts
Several people have been in contact with Zastava directly. Their Marketing has indicated that Century Arms will be importing the M91 in 2014. No real details on price or configuration. But a DMR import type rifle in 54r is a nice possibility.

The current M77's are inexpensive and well worth the effort to modify to a reasonable milspec clone. The rails appear to be the current production seen on the M70B3 etc., Dunno what other type they are using.

I cloned up one of the recent imports and it is a nice shooter.

Can you do us a favor and do a detailed write up on this project in the Yugo section? I am very interested in the M77 type but from what I've seen the receivers are slant cut, the original mags are non-existant and the magwells I believe are single stack.

·
Banned
950 Posts
Guy had an original Pre Ban M77 with 20 of the imported 20rd mags for sale with a buy now of $3K. Elliot308 snagged it and I was kicking myself for not getting it. I damn near pulled the trigger on it then realized, I already have Hk 91's that do the same thing. However now I'm kind of wishing I bought it then bought a second one later to use all the mags with. The magazines alone were worth over a grand considering.

Your build looks very nice and I like that you fixed the slant cut receiver. What kind of finish did you end up going with? Matte blued or Park?

·
Technical Advisor
16,054 Posts
Guy had an original Pre Ban M77 with 20 of the imported 20rd mags for sale with a buy now of $3K. Elliot308 snagged it and I was kicking myself for not getting it. I damn near pulled the trigger on it then realized, I already have Hk 91's that do the same thing. However now I'm kind of wishing I bought it then bought a second one later to use all the mags with. The magazines alone were worth over a grand considering.

Your build looks very nice and I like that you fixed the slant cut receiver. What kind of finish did you end up going with? Matte blued or Park?

The finish is original Zastava. I did not do anything to it. For $750 OTD good to go with new furniture and muzzle device etc., Well worth it.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Ive been thinking about the M77ps for a while, and if they ever came out with a side rail scope mount that wouldn't be set to far back Id jump on it. As I understand it, the advantage of the m91's century will be selling is that the rear trunnion extends about and inch and a half more than the M77ps, allowing a wider choice of optics to be used (assuming the rail is similarly placed).
So, Ill likely wait on the 91.. But its all speculation since the only confirmation people have thus far is through Zastava (so language familiarity might be an issue).

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Well another gun I'll have to buy. I'll probably have to pick up 2-3 M-91s.

·
Premium Member
13,379 Posts
I sure hope Zastava and Century can pull this off...pic from Zastava of the 54r rifle....:hail:
Semiautomatic sniper rifle M91 is designed on the basis of well-known Kalashnikov system.
Basic request of police and army forces - exceptional precision at large distances - is fulfilled and confirmed in extreme environments.
Barrel is made of high quality materials and its interior is chorem plated, which provides long service life and excellent precision.
The rifle has two safety systems:

1. mechanical safety - with two positions - safe / fire
  2. safety system that prevents firing before the bolt is locked

Gas flow regulator enables the use of this weapon in extreme environments and the weapon can function when it is very dirty.
The ergonomics of the stock provides safe and comfortable position of the shooter during firing.
Iron sights with tritium tubes enable aming in conditions of low visibility.
The base fixed on the left side of the receiver enables the assembly of various types of optical-electronic devices.
Flash hider, threaded to the muzzle, masks the position of the shooter during the fire.
Flash hider can be quickly and easily assembled to the rifle; it reduces the noise level by at least 12dB and gives wrong impression about the position of the source of the sound.

[HR][/HR]
Complete set:

• Sniper rifle M91
  • 4 spare magazines
  • Sling
  • Optical sight
  • Cleaning kit
  • Spare parts
  • Bag
  • Handling and maintenance instruction manuals

·
Technical Advisor
16,054 Posts
Ive been thinking about the M77ps for a while, and if they ever came out with a side rail scope mount that wouldn't be set to far back Id jump on it. As I understand it, the advantage of the m91's century will be selling is that the rear trunnion extends about and inch and a half more than the M77ps, allowing a wider choice of optics to be used (assuming the rail is similarly placed).
So, Ill likely wait on the 91.. But its all speculation since the only confirmation people have thus far is through Zastava (so language familiarity might be an issue).
There are mods posed to modify the mount or the rail to fit various optics or use certain mounts or optics. Not a big deal really. Google should find the threads/answers.

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
I like the substantially heavier barrel on the RPK-style M90 .308 (this one's available):

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
There are mods posed to modify the mount or the rail to fit various optics or use certain mounts or optics. Not a big deal really. Google should find the threads/answers.
Yeah I wouldnt want to cut the right side of the scope base down. And judging from the threads you and others have posted, there is no other acceptable solution. :(

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
Any news when M77 will come with square cut receiver?

·
Technical Advisor
16,054 Posts
Yeah I wouldnt want to cut the right side of the scope base down. And judging from the threads you and others have posted, there is no other acceptable solution. :(
There are mods to the mounts listed as well., and some mounts and optics combinations that have worked for other owners. The rail mod is very minor. But if these do not suit you then a M77 is not the firearm for you. They are quite nice and a good rework project.
Unknown at this point but the M91 could be a similar import configuration. I hope it will be less "sporting" but if it is like the M77 the path to the mods is pretty clear.

·
Premium Member
13,379 Posts
If the M91 does come in as pictured, it may have a price that is beyond reach for many members. J&G has the M76's selling for a $900.00 premium over last year's price....meh

1 - 20 of 26 Posts