AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Aim has Prvi Partizan 7.92x33 for $13/box, if you manage to get hold of one of those.

ap8kfmj.jpg

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
German WWII Sturm Gewehr 44s! Why would they be issuing those?
Those photos must be really old, likely not long after WW2. Also there has not been a Yugoslavia for a couple of decades.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Those photos must be really old, likely not long after WW2.
IIRC, Yugoslavia bought up and issued Stg-44s post-WWII, and continued using them into the 1980s. They were manufacturing their own 7.92x33 back in the 1960s as well.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Well if I had to choose between a Zastava AK and a Sturmgewehr that's a no brainer:
Sturm any day of the week!!

·
Super Moderator
26,318 Posts
IIRC, Yugoslavia bought up and issued Stg-44s post-WWII, and continued using them into the 1980s. They were manufacturing their own 7.92x33 back in the 1960s as well.
Correct! Remember when that large stash of MP44s was discovered a few years ago in the Syrian Civil War? I'll bet they came from places in the former Warsaw Pact. The Countries who produced the 7.92mm Kurtz that I can remember off hand are:
Nazi Germany
Czechoslovakia
East Germany
Yugoslavia
I think there might be a few more, but that's all I can remember.

Reactions: Tommo

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if that was a more current pic. My buddy from Yugoslavia said that when the war started people were literally digging up their stashed German arms. MP40s, MG42s, MP44s....etc....etc....even a Chauchet (sp?) and a Thompson here and there

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Man, I'd kill for one of these. Probably my second favorite battle rifle behind the AK. I'm beyond sick of getting my hopes up when people claim they are bringing in a current manufacture semi! Plus, I think the one batch they did get in was insanely overpriced and had a ton of issues.

Hopefully someday I can afford a transferable

1 - 12 of 12 Posts