AK Rifles banner

Yugo UF trunion question...............UPDATE

2K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  ohmysac 
#1 ·
I am in the process of putting an underfolder on my MAADI MISR. I have a Yugo trunion that has a recoil spring lock.

My question is, Can I leave this off the build? What if I used this hole as a rivet hole, and dremeled the rivet flat in the recoil spring guide to allow the recoil spring to slide in? This hole lines up almost perfectly with the old standard trunion hole.

Just looking for some ideas......................

#3 ·
The trunion fits the reciever tight!........I don't know ...

How is it too small?

Where can I find a polish trunion?

#4 ·
archer2 said:
The trunion fits the reciever tight!........I don't know ...

How is it too small?

Where can I find a polish trunion?
It's possible it is from a Yugo Krink kit, I think they were 1mm. There was also a handful of the Yugo rifles that had a regular style barrel trunnion, those are possibly 1mm. If it was from a 1.6mm rifle I think it would real loose.

#5 ·
OK. I measured the trunions with my calipers.

The old standard trunion measures 1.255.

The underfolder trunion measures 1.213.

The difference is .042...

Is that enough to make a difference?

#6 ·
The problem is that the Yugo trunnion is narrower than the MAADI trunnion because the Yugo receiver is made from thicker material.

You can remove the MAADI trunnion, and install the Yugo trunion.. but when you hammer the rivets, it will pull the sides of the receiver in (and restrict the movement of the bolt).

It could be done, but it would present several unneccesary challenges, and it would be much easier to get the right part for that application.

My .02 Pesos

#7 ·
eodinert said:
The problem is that the Yugo trunnion is narrower than the MAADI trunnion because the Yugo receiver is made from thicker material.

You can remove the MAADI trunnion, and install the Yugo trunion.. but when you hammer the rivets, it will pull the sides of the receiver in (and restrict the movement of the bolt).

It could be done, but it would present several unneccesary challenges, and it would be much easier to get the right part for that application.

My .02 Pesos
Any idea where to find the "right" trunion.............Polish?, Romy?, ?????

Could shims be used with the Yugo trunion?
Just looking for all the different ways to go................................

#8 ·
Any other european spec underfolder trunnion will work to mount an underfolder stock on the MAADI, but I don't know enough to tell you if a Yugo folding stock would work on a polish/russian/romanian/bulgarian trunnion. The mechanisms are all very similar, but I just don't know enough to say for sure it would work.

Any euro spec (except yugo, of course) underfolder setup that you buy complete (stock and trunnion) will work, though.

I have been searching for a euro spec underfolder trunion myself, to use on a pistol project I have going right now, without luck. I also have a WTB add on this board looking for an underfolder trunnion. I have found several US made pistol trunnions, but I want an underfolder trunnion for my project.

#9 ·
I got feelers out on all the boards for one. I'll keep looking.................................

Thanks for the replies.

#10 ·
You can always shim it with some proper thickness shimstock. It has been done before. Also, you can leave the recoil spring lock out if you want. It will get covered up by the receiver anyway. I like the yugo underfolders better than anything else i've handled. Seems stiffer and beefier.

#16 ·
Incorrect. The rear "trunion" is not actually a trunion. That term is used incorrectly. It should be called a stock tang or block or something similar.

The barrel trunion is one of the parts in the list of 16 counted parts.

#17 ·
Greentimber said:
Incorrect. The rear "trunion" is not actually a trunion. That term is used incorrectly. It should be called a stock tang or block or something similar.

You may be right but how can you be sure. The rear folder "trunnion" <for lack of bette word, very well could be. Not to argue with you but how do you know for sure?

#18 ·
steelcore1964 said:
Greentimber said:

You may be right but how can you be sure. The rear folder "trunnion" <for lack of bette word, very well could be. Not to argue with you but how do you know for sure?

The Rear Trunion is not on the list of countable parts..... so call it what you wish..... still not counted as a U.S.A. part........ For sure......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.