AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can a Yugo Spigot (grenade launcher) be found at? If I get a Yugo underfolder I want to do short-range launching with parade blanks and the US grenade adapters. I know to not launch it off my shoulder.

·
Registered
101 Posts
You have half(or less) the length neccesary to fully support the grenade with an M59/66 SKS launcher. Plus it 14mmx1 RH thread, instead of LH thread. Part of the M599/66 launcher, the base with retainer, is separated by the bayonet latch assembly.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
You can launch rifle grenades off of your shoulder. Recoil is stout, but not unbearable.

If you don't use real rifle grenade blanks, recoil is downright girly. Real Yugo rifle grenade blanks will send a rifle grenade 300-400 meters, and tend to damage the weapon they are fired from after repeated firings (even a Yugo AK!). East german training blanks are doing good to make 75 meters.

Any 22mm spec flash hider, such as found on an M16, can work, provided there is enough clearance for the muzzle device to 'bottom out' inside the grenade (so an M16 flash hider mounted on the threaded barrel of a standard AKM would not work well at all, unless you moved the front sight back to the gas block). The M16, as issued, is designed to launch NATO spec rifle grenades.

So, in my opininon, the grenade launcher on an SKS would work on an AK if it was properly attached to the weapon, and it extended all the way into the rifle grenade.

Of course, you should really be carefull launching things off of your rifle, especially when not using rounds designed for that purpose...and of course, only use completely inert projectiles...

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Standard M-16 style birdcage hiders are not long enough to fit a rifle grenade. Also, SKS launchers are right-hand threaded, like FAL muzzle threadings, not left-hand like AK threadings.

Thanks for the info on recoil.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
The M16 can and does fire NATO spec rifle grenades as issued. I've done it.

As long as the flash hider extends the proper distance into the grenade, and all other factors being equal, the M16, M16A1 or M16A2 flashider would launch grenades on another weapon system.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I agree with eodinert...as I have also shoot rifle grenades off of my C7A1 (M16A3) more then afew times

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No guys I said it will not work with a M-16 birdcage flash hider.

It will work on an AR or M-16 type platform with the hider, but the flashider made for AK rifles IS NOT LONG ENOUGH and will not work.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I think what you are trying to say is the front sight on a standard AK will prevent the grenade from sliding back far enough on the flash hider, given a correct 22mm flash hider...but the flash hider isn't the problem, the front sight is.

edited to add: wildmann, your spigots look great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts