AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Yugo RPK,and after giving it a close look I noticed something that might be wrong,if someone could enlighten me about this,I know that the Yugo AK's receiver cover have a lock at the rear to keep the cover secured when using the grenade launcher,so that is why the receiver cover has a notch on each side to clear the lock-RPK's don't have that lock,so the cover shouldn't have the notches,but my RPK does,is this proper for it,or is there a cover for the Yugo RPK that does not have the notches,if that's the case,is there someone who might have a cover without the notches for sale,or somewhere I might be able to find one,could anybody help me with this,Thanks!! :neutral:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks bigmegina for the info,I thought that maybe I had the wrong type cover in my Yugo RPK,but now knowing this I'm at ease. :hail:

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Just as a point of interest, I have a milled RPK that has the button. I've also seen pictures of the milled Yugo RPK that uses the button.

·
Banned
460 Posts
i have a milled m70 rpk and milled m64 rpk and no button holes.are your topcovers matching to the rifle?milled rifles topcovers are heavy duty compared to stamped topcovers.they could have changed the design somewhere down the road.who knows.can you post pics?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unfortunately my receiver(stamped) cover doesn't match the rifle,but in all fairness I just don't like those notches where they don't belong,does the cover from a milled RPK fit my stamped rifle,if it does then maybe I could find one or someone may have one for sale(without the notches of course),I would be interested in getting one. :neutral:

·
Banned
460 Posts
both my rpks are milled covers and the have the notch.i have never seen a yugo without it,but their might be one out there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts