AK Rifles banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Banned
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
used my $175 yugo orf milled receiver for this build.finished with caseys cold superblue.dressed it in different mags for different looks.shoots well,M.O.M.hey Slottman,does that stock look familiar?i would like to know what the carvings on the stock say. never saw that kind of symbol before.

· Banned
16,196 Posts
Lookin real good. That turned out very, very well and nice markings & finish.
I've had good luck with and like the looks of the ORF milled receivers. They need certain tweaks but I've done fixed and folder ORF milled M70's and doing a M64 soon on an ORF milled.

· Banned
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
found out what the carvings say.this rifles owner was probally a camp guard at this camp.lots of history here.
Manjaca was a detention camp.

Manja?a camp (pronounced:Mañacha) was a detention camp (also referred to as prison and concentration camp) on mountain Manja?a near the city of Banja Luka in northern Bosnia and Herzegovina during the Croatian War and Bosnian War from 1991 to 1995. The camp was founded by the Yugoslav National Army (JNA) and authorities of Republika Srpska (RS) and was used to collect and confine thousands of male prisoners of Croat and Bosniak nationalities.

The camp was shut down under international pressure in late 1992 but was reopened in October 1995. At that time it was estimated that total of between 4,500 and 6,000 non-Serbs primarily from Sanski Most and Banja Luka areas have passed through the camp. When the camp was captured in 1995 by the Bosnian authorities some 85 corpses were found associated with killings at the camp. Some 1,000 people are still missing from the Sanski Most that were deported to Manja?a camp.

· Banned
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
got the stand from a guy that used to make them.he also made stock sets.he does not make them any more.it helps alot when i am painting a rifle also.great conversation piece when you have a ak sitting on your desk instead of picturers.

· Registered
1,399 Posts
The finish looks really good, but it has been my experience that it wears off very fast. Maybe you'll get better results. Great looking rifle and very interesting history. How did you find out about it ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.