AK Rifles banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much for the replies, fellas.

Just to make sure I understand - if this might be turned into an SBR down the road, then 922 would apply? Then you would need to add / have enough US make parts as opposed to the original?

·
Banned
16,234 Posts
Thank you very much for the replies, fellas.

Just to make sure I understand - if this might be turned into an SBR down the road, then 922 would apply? Then you would need to add / have enough US make parts as opposed to the original?
pistol = no 922r
SBR = 922r

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks again for clarifying that! It sounds like even if one were to take the intermediary step of putting a fake can & stock on there, then it would need to follow 922r.

I read that some of the full size Yugo AK rifles already has US made parts in them, but I didn't want to assume the Yugo AK pistols did as well...

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
If you've got the NP version then you could get away with just using US made mags and a US trigger group, if you make it a rifle. You may want to replace the trigger group anyways; I didn't like the trigger that came on my M92 at all.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you've got the NP version then you could get away with just using US made mags and a US trigger group, if you make it a rifle. You may want to replace the trigger group anyways; I didn't like the trigger that came on my M92 at all.
Yeah, the trigger is extremely gritty. The only good thing about it is that you can feel the stopping point right before let off. I have to say it has been very accurate at 50 yards - very close to my friend's AR. A red dot & I'm sure it will be very close at that range. Pretty impressive for what it is!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Exactly what I found and plan to do.

Update:

Installed the TAPCO G2 trigger group last night. Now I'm 922r compliant for my SBR project and the trigger is much better too.

BTW, ordered it through the TAPCO on line reseller link to "Sears" for $24.00 delivered free to my local mall

http://www.sears.com/tapco-g2-ak-tr...p-00603103000P?prdNo=2&blockNo=2&blockType=G2

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Working on this... so far, here is what I have come up with. This should be enough if I am calculating the parts count correctly:

Manticore Arms muzzle brake (-1)
Manticore Arms handguard (-1)
Magpul MOE AK grip (-1)
Tapco / ALG / Texas AK Triggers FCG = Hammer, Trigger, Sear (-3)

Total = 6 U.S. made parts

The gas piston would be an easy one as well, but I'm not sure what size the Yugo NPAP pistols use.

Once stamp approved, I guess you could also add the buttstock to the list...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts