AK Rifles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to know the forum thoughts on Yugo milled M76 kits. What is currently available in the marketplace and where? What is a resonable price I can expect to pay for an all matching serial kit? Any recommendations on milled receiver sources?

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
Not really much out there in the way of M76 parts kits. Most people that are into them, might not want to divulge their source for kits or parts, since there aren't many around. There were quite a few imported at one point several years ago, but some company out of Ohio (forget the name at the moment) that was importing them, or buying them from an importer. They were building up the rifles quickly and selling just as fast. I don't think the build quality was horrible, but it wasn't too good either. The receivers they were using weren't historically accurate. The best receiver (and maybe the only, I don't know) on the market right now, is from Tortort, but he only makes them every now and then, since there isn't much of a demand for them. I think the only one making a barrel for them right now is Green Mountain. Speaking of which, I need to buy 2 before they quit making them. Back to the M76 kits... they are of very fine quality. You simply won't be disappointed in that respect. The price fluctuates, but typically isn't bad at all for a kit that is relatively hard to get. There just aren't that many people after them. AKBLUE on here can tell you anything you need to know about the M76. He's the man when it comes to those. Get him to tell you how he came about getting most of his M76 stuff. You'll be jealous, to say the least.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
awo was running them on gunbroker pretty regularly. and complete builds.
if the dont have any currently it might be worth a call.

·
Registered
455 Posts
You should check out local gun shows. Might find one there or go to gun broker to buy an overpriced one.

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
For kits IvanDrago on Gunbroker is pretty much the only game in town. I bought 4 of the M76 kits from him over the years, three of them cost $329 to $379 and were in great condition all matching numbers and completely covered in cosmoline. The forth one was a kit with matching scope and bayonet that cost me $900. I have 2 Tortort and 1 demilled receiver that I was able to weld. Most will not have the bullet guide but I know some one who has about thirty left to sell. :grin:
Green Mountain has barrels for them. Mags are available at Apex, the ones I got were VG to excellent.
There is a kit on Gunbroker thats not too bad. It has a kit, 4 mags and non matching scope and bayonet for $599

·
Registered
1 Posts
For kits IvanDrago on Gunbroker is pretty much the only game in town. I bought 4 of the M76 kits from him over the years, three of them cost $329 to $379 and were in great condition all matching numbers and completely covered in cosmoline. The forth one was a kit with matching scope and bayonet that cost me $900. I have 2 Tortort and 1 demilled receiver that I was able to weld. Most will not have the bullet guide but I know some one who has about thirty left to sell. 😁
Green Mountain has barrels for them. Mags are available at Apex, the ones I got were VG to excellent.
There is a kit on Gunbroker thats not too bad. It has a kit, 4 mags and non matching scope and bayonet for $599
would this person be willing to sell a bullet guide? They next to impossible to find and I really need on.

·
Registered
247 Posts
apex had some recently, I guess they went quick, I just checked the website they are not listed.

I have a spare kit it is made of spare non-matching parts. I was going to do a 80% build , but opted for a two river build on a matching kit I had instead.

no secret, bullet guides are available over at the other site, tortort is still making receivers

·
Registered
743 Posts
Yup Obstreperous I think. Been meaning to ask him about getting one myself if I can scrounge up the money for a kit.

·
Registered
137 Posts
What is the current value of a M76 kit that has the scope and all serial numbers match including the receiver made by ORF in 2008

·
Technical Advisor
16,054 Posts
The ORF receiver has been surpassed by the more recent tortort receivers.

Most ORF receivers are buildable but can be a challenge in several areas.

The kit value would depend on original or Green Mountain barrel.
Presence of bullet guide on old stub or separate.

Later production kits with night sights and M76 B scope are worth more.

Dunno on current prices. And as noted prices differ by several things noted above.
Accessories, scope cover type. # of mags, pouch, scope accessories etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts