AK Rifles banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Banned
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn, I need a Baby Sitter on this build to hold my hand at least until function check... Anyway, now that my muzzle nut is free, I have another question as my "Bastard" Yugo M70AB2 continues to surprise me just when I thought I knew it all......I have built a Slabside Yugo before, and I am currently working on a Bulged Trunnion Version. My question is about the long rivet at the front of the trunnion. I don't remember my Slabside having one, riveting was more like the Romanian varient, if I remember correctly. (They all blur together) Is there any advice you can give me on setting/crushing this rivet? When you drill the receiver for the long rivet do you drill through & through the trunnion or drill each side seperate? In what order do you crush all the front trunnion rivets? By extention, what is your process on the Yugo rear folding trunnion rivets? My rivet tool is the AK-Builder Version. Thanks!

· Registered
3,540 Posts
Re: Yugo M70 Front Trunnion Rivet & Trunnion Riveting Proces

Without typing up an extensive post, the front long rivet sets like the rears. Use the U-shaped piece and tighten the sleeve down to that so it clears the bulge. The first time I did one of those builds, no one told me that and it turned out terrible. Also be sure you make the sleeve TIGHT (use a wrench)

· Registered
3,540 Posts
Re: Yugo M70 Front Trunnion Rivet & Trunnion Riveting Proces

Yeah, it's easiest to set the long rivet first because the rivet on the underside of the bulged trunnion can get in the way. You would have to make a spacer otherwise. I ran into that when I was redoing some buggered rivets and made one out of 4 quarters screwed together. But that's a different topic.

I use 2 uncrushed rivets in the magwell holes to keep everything in place as I crush the long rivet

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.