AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thats right, yugo m57 tokarevs are now C&R, and SOG has them on sell, go get them boys

· Registered
3,540 Posts
Well, I just looked at their site and I saw that they are having a memorial day sale for $25 off. I can't wait till Tuesday. So, well... now I finally have an Md. 57 headed my way!

Thanks, Herbae :beer:

· Registered
3,540 Posts
It must have happened within the last month. I did quite a bit of research on why it was not C&R a month or so ago and couldn't find any good reason. I was nearly about to write ATF and make my case. Don't need to do that anymore :dance:

· Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jonpo said:
Well, I just looked at their site and I saw that they are having a memorial day sale for $25 off. I can't wait till Tuesday. So, well... now I finally have an Md. 57 headed my way!

Thanks, Herbae :beer:
Well lets see who can call first, think i am going to get a cz-82 on the order, been looking for a good excuse for one,

· Registered
513 Posts
cool! i bought one when they were not C&R, i will be calling. christ, here goes my saiga 12 fund again, i can't just buy one either. its a sickness i can't control. hey do i qualify for some kind of government assistance due to my illness? :dance:

· Registered
351 Posts
I bought one and its my first TT33! Looks like they have a good price on the P64 pistol too. Also, those Croatian pistols are very interesting I may pick one up down the road.

· Banned
2,405 Posts
UPDATE: Yugoslavian Tokarev M57 is now C&R eligible probably on the basis that Yugoslavia is no longer a country and firearms during the period are now "curios" by definition (similar to Czechoslovakia and East Germany). As a result I added this to the Tokarev collection. It came with an old beat up holster, a cleaning rod and a spare magazine (that only holds 8 rounds). The downside of course is that finding extra M57 magazines is nearly impossible.

This Yugo M57 looks to be in very good to excellent condition. It came drenched in cosmoline as did the spare magazine. One magazine holds nine rounds and the other eight rounds.

I took an hour to strip, go through and clean the cosmoline out of the gun and magazines. I used hot water to loosen the gunk and then wiped it down, followed by spraying with Break Free CLP and brushing out the channels and crevices with a toothbrush. I then wiped down the prts, reassembled and went to the gun club. The M57 is very comfortable with the longer grip than other Tokarevs. After cleaning the trigger is perfect so I have no need for any trigger work. The Tokarev M57 shoots very well as expected with similar results compared to the other Tokarevs in the collection.

- Black Blade

· Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jonpo said:
I wasn't home yesterday to receive mine. Now i have to wait until Monday

holy crap me too, and it rained, i just now found the UPS sticky note lying in the flower bed, I will have to sign the release, wont be home tomorrow either

· Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well the description on the website says two 9 round mags, so if i receive otherwise, i can back up my bitching

· Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
dang mike i sure hope mine looks as good as yours, i got two, so i will pick the better of the two and sell the other to a friend

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.