AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an M57 that I'm having operational issues with. It will fire the first round, eject, load the next round after cocking the hammer. Pull the trigger, and it won't drop the hammer to fire. I traced it down to a loose hammer group. It moves enough to keep the trigger from fully releasing the hammer. In troubleshooting the problem, I used a drop of Super Glue to keep the group in place, and it now hand functions normally. I have 2 Chinese Toks and they fire without issue. Anybody else heard of this problem, or maybe know a permanent cure?

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Hmm. The Tokarev was made to just through the whole hammer group away and drop in another. That may be your best bet.
This can be an expensive solution nowadays unfortunately.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't done that. One thing I noticed is the Yugo hammer group just falls out and will slide around in the frame while the Chinese groups are a tight fit in the frames, They actually require effort to remove.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Mine would not drop the hammer when I first got it.

Figured out that the afterthought safety that was installed for importation was impeding the trigger from from going all the way back.

I removed it and the gun worked fine.

So I dressed it just enough to work when installed.

YMMV

1 - 5 of 5 Posts