AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am having issue with the TAPCO mags I just bought shooting them in my Yugo. They will not feed the next round and stop about 1/2" from closing the bolt and this happened with both brand new mags. My friend let me have his Polish mag and cycled just fine and never had any issue! I ordered some Polish mags yesterday, but would love some advise on why the TAPCO's are having issues and is there a fix or mod that's makes them shoot well???

Thank...................TwinAK

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
On a more serious note. They do make some stuff ok. Just not mags. Their FCG, the AK piston and slanted brake. Right there you have 5 922r parts

BTW dont destroy that one. Another panic is always just around the corrner

·
Registered
82 Posts
I bought some Gen 2 Tapco mags a few weeks back for my Yugo underfolder. The mags work just fine in my gun. The only problems I had was when the gun was brand new and clean but not lubed. I was using some old Norinco sport ammo which was having some FTE symptoms. The same day when I shot some Russian Wolf through it with the same mags fewer problems. Fast forward, took the gun home, scuffed the rails clean and smooth and applied a little high temp grease to the action and next time out no worries with the Norinco sport, Wolf, or some other Russian military surplus.

I have since picked up some new Bulgarian steel mags so I now have options related to magazines.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got my new Polish mags in yesterday! Look good and keeping the Tapco's for now in going to try them after the gun gets a lot more broke in. Thanks Inspector 12

......................TwinAK

1 - 9 of 9 Posts