AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone interested in a US made version, screw on spigot type grenade launcher for the Yugo AK47's?? This would count in your 922r parts count also.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I posted a thread in the Yugo forum. I've talked to a machinist here and am looking at how much interest there would be. The more people in on it the cheaper it gets.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No...I was thinking about making some of these and seeing what kind of interest or demand there was.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Good luck.

I've BTDT.

If you finance it yourself, you'll get alot of interest, like HB has.

I tried it as a group type buy on gunco, having them cnc'd, your choice of white/blue/park finish, minimum run of at least 50 up to 100(100, based on anticipated demand) & when the rubber met the road, no-one, absolutely no-one budged. I couldn't foot a $2,500.00* shop bill, so I killed it. I had a public list on the board as well. So, I made them by hand, sold them at gunshows & on a few boards by word of mouth. Mine were(& will be again) 4140 chrome moly & can be used to launch. HB has a disclaimer, basicly, his are for staitc display only.

BTW, HB is not going to do another group of launchers anytime soon, read his posts on gunco. He said at least 6 months.

On this board, you should get alot better feedback. Member's on this board that I've dealt with so far have been straight-up & honest. I think the majority here are serious about their hobby.

*since last fall materials have shot up in price.

·
Registered
791 Posts
A while back I sent some blue prints to the guy that makes my slant breaks and some other items. He does some AWESOME work. The only problem is he can take months to get things made. The ones I am looking at having made will be a blued finish. I plan on doing a run but $ & time will be a issue. His minimum order will likely be atleast 100 but to get a good price I would have to do around 500. If all goes well I should be able to offer them for $30-$35. I also have some other cool ideas in the works.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anyone have a real clear detailed picture?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I have a real one. I would be happy to offer it up to a person or persons who wish to duplicate it.

...all I ask for is one of the duplicates (and my original back, of course).

~Doug

·
Registered
90 Posts
Blueprints are on pookie's site. Over on cetmerifles.com, one of our members is currently gearing up to make some to complete a group buy of M70 UF kits we recently had. I'm sure any of you guys could pile on.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
As I recall, the blueprints on pookies sight are a polish launcher, labeled as a Yugo launcher.

I'm going to send him the real deal, so his replicas should be smokin'.

~Doug

·
Registered
34 Posts
amd6547 said:
Blueprints are on pookie's site. Over on cetmerifles.com, one of our members is currently gearing up to make some to complete a group buy of M70 UF kits we recently had. I'm sure any of you guys could pile on.
That's me. Anyone is free to join in. Email me at [email protected] I'll put you on my list and keep you up to date on the process.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I read the article on cetmerifles.com and what is this crap about this attachment might be a "grenade launcher" destructive device per ATF? There are no regulations on grenade launchers per se, just the ammo, am I right?

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wildmann43 said:
If that were true, all NATO flash hiders would be considered grenade launchers. Because that's what they also do.
I know!! I called the ATF and they told me to write them, they would not discuss it over the phone, and I asked the guy if he had been asked that question alot about these launchers and he said yes and the answer they were giving "was very candid" what ever that means.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I heard the same thing when I called them today. Guy said I will not discuss this over the phone. Send an email and we'll go from there. I think it's a bunch of bull. Only the ammo is regulated I thought. They would be outlawed under the Brady Act but that's gone.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
From the ATF Firearms FAQ:
(http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm)

(M29) Are grenade and rocket launcher attachments destructive devices?

Grenade and rocket launcher attachments for use on military type rifles generally do not come within the definition of destructive devices. However, the grenades and rockets used in these devices are generally within the definition. [26 U. S. C. 5845, 27 CFR 179.11]

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I totally agree, but where did this notion come from? Just wanting ti make sure since someone brought it up, don't want to be Bubba's love slave at the Big House!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts