AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the Romy bayos will not snap onto my Yugo. do the Yugos have their own bayo? got a pic of 1?

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Looks like the usual AK bayonet to me.

What part of it doesn't fit the gun??

KyAKGuy

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Romy bayo

All my Romy bayo's fit mine.

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
I had the same issue, and found that usually some close examination and light file work on the bayonet lug or on the bayonet catch would fix it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ya know i had the same problem with my yugo. Is your slant break ( I assume you have a slant break on it) tight or does it wiggle a bit? When I first got my M70 the break was tight with no movement at all and the bayo (romanian) would not lock on to the lug.... Well after 250 rounds or so the break worked itself loose a bit and would wiggle a bit. So I thought give the bayo another shot and guess what? It locks on just fine now. Maybe this is helpful to ya maybe not but that was my experience.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my slant break is loose. I'm thinking maybe the lips on the bayo lug are too wide?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found out the problem. not all romy bayos are the same. I had another 1 that fits & snaps/locks in just fine. the difference is the metal tab that moves to lock in the bayo, they are different sizes (even though the 2 bayos look identical).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts