AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas,
I ordered some cleaning kits recently that came with a Yugo M70 blank firing device (see the silver one in the pic). More recently I saw one of my Serb seller auctioning a different type on gunbroker (see the blued one in the pic). I bought 2 (en route).

Is anyone familiar with either of these? They seem quite different.

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
I've never seen one like that, and I can't see what purpose the cut out would serve.

How did the seller describe it? I wonder if it's AK-related.

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
I'm having trouble visualizing how that attachment would work on a Yugo SKS.

Here's the front end of my M59-66. The knurling on the part that SeaZast bought probably means that there's internal threading, but the grenade launcher on the rifle is pinned in place.

I presume that a blank firing adapter would have to slip over it (?)

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is what the seller just sent to me...

I think that this attachment isn't for a Zastava M70. It is for rifle Yugoslavian SKS Poluautomatska Puska (semiautomatic gun) or PAP model 59,59/66,59/66A1.

All those are SKSs right? Its a good thing I'm getting an SKS this week anyway!

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Yes, looks like it really is for the Yugo SKS. I found a picture of one in Kehaya and Poyer's book, The SKS Carbine.

I still can't see how it is affixed to the end of the grenade launcher, though, and the book doesn't give any detail. Blank adapters must be solidly attached.

Please let us know what you find out when it arrives.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Excellent info! Thanks. Goran is selling these for $5 on gunbroker. Some joker has them on gunbroker for $90... I would say these are fairly uncommon and not very well known.

I know that some people try using the end of the cleaning kit as a blank adapter. I also know this that is strongly discouraged.

I will post close-up pics when they arrive.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One of two came in today...

Here are some pics. The only markings I could find are TK and VK. They stand for TK-Tehnicka Kontrola -Technical Control and BK-Vojna Kontrola - Military Control

I think I'll post them in the SKS forum section as well. Thanks again for the info!

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Those are some nice and clear pics. thanks.

I see that this won't fit on the pinned, fixed grenade launcher of the M59-66.

Instead, it looks like it is meant to slip onto the threaded, removeable grenade launching spigots, as pictured in the book I scanned.

Looks like the nose portion goes over the front and the collar from the back end, then tightened up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts