AK Rifles banner

Youth of today: I've lost faith in my own generation.

2K views 23 replies 20 participants last post by  MauserMark 
#1 ·
As I've said before, I'm only 15. I work hard in school, do stuff with the Boy Scouts, write politicians, help people, try to be polite, and be a generally upstanding citizen. But I found a website that made me lose faith in most of our nations youth, the people who are supposed to be my peers.
http://www.icedoutgear.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/1108/cat/501
It's a sad day when a kid loses faith in his own generation...

#3 ·
AKLover_91 said:
As I've said before, I'm only 15. I work hard in school, do stuff with the Boy Scouts, write politicians, help people, try to be polite, and be a generally upstanding citizen. But I found a website that made me lose faith in most of our nations youth, the people who are supposed to be my peers.
There are people like that from every generation.

Also, if you do all those things while going to high school in the Bay Area, chances are you are an outcast...... I grew up in San Jose, and you can see why I got me GED and joined the Army at the end of my sophmore year of school...

#6 ·
I have a good friend who is now 16, She always sends me these stupid poll/chain letters that have been filled out by her friends....and I cant even stand to read them...The kids these days actually try to talk and write like idiots....I cant stand it...Immagine in 20 or 30 years when these kids are running the country "St8 Lejishlashun 3240: We gunna make it legul fo peeps to chill in the road talking from car to car till fo or mo carz be backed up ahind em." I hate to even try to read that crap.....
My niece dresses in all black and all that crap...I just keep telling her to stop trying to attract attention to her self.....She says "I'm not" and I tell her "If your not trying to attract attention to yourself, then why do you dress so that everyone will stare at you?" She just gives me that blank look,
Lover, stay on the track your on. I ran with the punk rock/mischievious crown in high school, let my grades drop and dropped out in 9th grade....Since then I have got my ged, Went in the marines, went to war, got all kinds of medals. And now I have a family and have a 3.8 gpa in college.....But I dont have a diploma....And thats something that I will never have.....and although nobody else would know that, I do. Keep your head up and do what you have been doing. Try to align yourself with like minded kids, start a "Gun club" and watch out for the ones that wanna do stupid stuff like build bombs and stuff, that'll get you in trouble real quick.

#7 ·
i did my fair share of stupid stuff all throughout hs....partied my ass off, showed up late,etc...but for whatever reason i passed (#36 in class out of 260)i look back sometimes and wonder how i pulled it off... but times where different ( and its only been 9 yrs since i graduated!) where i am in ny , we have been getting a lot of ppl from nyc.....and they bring the thug/gang mentality with them...its kind of disgusting ....they have random lock downs of the school so they can bring the dogs in to search for drugs in lockers....the paper has all kinds of writeups about gangs in schools...we never had that crap...we had the usual cliques...jock, nerds,country bumpkins, skater punks(my group)......god help him if my son looks like this jackass

http://www.icedoutgear.com/photopost/sh ... 18/cat/501

#17 ·
AKLover_91 said:
hey man, i'm twenty and i know how ya feel. you might be discouraged with your peers, but you can't let the dumb actions of the misguided ruin the best years of your life (high school, and if you don't believe it, ask anyone who has to work for a living) you gotta find kids near your age maybe their older, who are from a home like yours, same sort of upbringing that share your interests. i betcha they think the same way, even if they don't express it like you. i been there done that, so i hope my expereince can help ya. sorry bout my writing, i broke my wrist... good luck.

this should makw you feel better:

Who becomes a ******?

* Retards
* Gaylords
* Homos
* Shit-for-brains
* Gizmopping fuckwads
* Cumguzzling dicktards
* Senators' kids

#18 ·
#1. You are aware of what is going on around you.
#2. You NEED to seperate YOURSELF, just as I did from "Popular culture" (Like I did during "Hippie Times" (OK, well mini skirts where nice...ummmm....) but, NOT the COURSES.
#3. There was an old saying in my MBA school....'.bring me your resume and tatoos, and MAYBE, I'll give you a job.'.. (NOT) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It still applies..... I won't hire anyone with tatoos visible under a standard long-sleeve shirt.....Sorry about that.....punk, POS..

I never hired someone with "tatts" for a six-figure job..........

#20 ·
thanks for the kind words guys, and I actually have found a few people that think like me this year, so it's not AS bas as it could be. I just have trouble understanding why some people thing its cool to talk like a retard and brag about "capping" people.

#21 ·
AKLover_91 said:
thanks for the kind words guys, and I actually have found a few people that think like me this year, so it's not AS bas as it could be. I just have trouble understanding why some people thing its cool to talk like a retard and brag about "capping" people.
You seem to be a good kid. Just stick to your guns and keep working hard and you will be okay. But I do have to say thanks for that link. I don't mean to make light of you thoughts but I have not laughed that hard in a while :lol: funny link!!

#24 ·
I think we all can witness through history that nature has a way of weeding these people out. That's not guaranteed however. Who will suffer the most of a breakdown of law and order in a society? The cool poser in his decked out honda? Or the people like us, stocked up on ammunition and food and know basic survival skills? It's a sad state but I've told some of my friends from college who are still like this, still live off their parents, are still immature, aren't into learning firearms, that they will love me when that day comes and I will gladly hang up the phone. :mrgreen:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.