AK Rifles banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
We'll not an ak but a CIA FAL sporter and a CETME sporter. The FAL had a Hess receiver and would not cycle. The CETME is just screwed from the get go with the flimsy receiver. All kinda of problems.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
22many
Here is what I have seen concerning Yugo made AKs
Nice looking: Yes
Nice finish: Yes
Nice clean lines: Yes
Probably one of the prettiest AKs ever made, not much of an argument there.
Nice in a world full of corrosive ammo: No absolute and utter garbage without a chrome lined chamber & barrel!!!! with very few exceptions have I noted thus far concerning Yugos (and this ammo type) anywhere I have seen them together in the world that covers most any Yugo AK variant.
It still baffles me as to why the they never added this simple yet critical feature.

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
22many
Here is what I have seen concerning Yugo made AKs
Nice looking: Yes
Nice finish: Yes
Nice clean lines: Yes
Probably one of the prettiest AKs ever made, not much of an argument there.
Nice in a world full of corrosive ammo: No absolute and utter garbage without a chrome lined chamber & barrel!!!! with very few exceptions have I noted thus far concerning Yugos (and this ammo type) anywhere I have seen them together in the world that covers most any Yugo AK variant.
It still baffles me as to why the they never added this simple yet critical feature.
Well, as the owner of several yugos I have to agree with you one that. Trying to find a yugo with a original non pitted, non shot out barrel is hard.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
...I don't trust most anything that is not built on a factory built receiver (seen a few non factory receivers fail-not many but enough for me to question them and I am quite anal about certain things probably more so than most on this than I need to be).
Are you saying NDS receivers fail? Please explain...

·
Registered
616 Posts
I had a SAR-2 that was pretty crappy.
The muzzle was FUCKED UP from the factory. I re-crowned it with a Manson Precision Reamer kit and tightened the groups considerably (6.5" groups to 3.25" groups).
The other problem with it was the scope rail was so crooked that I couldn't get any optic zeroed on it.
The charging handle was all fucked off too. Somebody didn't like the Romanian upswept design and decided to "fix" it with a torch.
These are all features that were "hidden" from me when I bought it on this forum as a noob. I won't give a name in this thread because I don't want to start a shit storm, but you know who you are Motherfucker.
Still, I don't remember the damn thing ever failing to operate in any way.
That cracked me up.

I'll 2nd the other guys on loving underfolders. I prefer the straight back double locker like the Yugos but once I got used to the jaw weld, I ended up selling my Century 1960, which (I guess I got lucky) was a great gun with a buttery smooth action and shot great but the uf butt just grabs the ball of my shoulder perfectly so I stuck with those.

So far, I haven't had a bad one but I've only bought my first one 3 years ago.

·
Registered
190 Posts
If I had to get rid of one of my AK variants it would be the Romanian AIM. It's a nice rifle, but the front foregrip feels awkward to me. I understand why many of the builders chop these off.

I agree 100%. I just sold off a G-kit build because I hated that forward sweeping handguard.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
From a shooting standpoint, the Hungarian AMP69 is probably the most unwieldy AK I have ever shot. The design features of the shock absorbing strut type buttstock and the spring loaded lower fore end may be great for grenade launching, but make this a real POS to shoot.

I am also not real fond of the AMD65.

From a structural/marterials quality standpoint about the worst going are the North Korean and Albanian variants. These are only surpassed in being POS's by anything built on a fold your own, non-heat treated receiver.

MDI13

41 - 49 of 49 Posts