AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
It diverges from the AK in appearance significantly, IMHO this is just a look alike and not an AK in .22LR.

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
This is not an AK, except for appearance. Better spend your money on 10/22

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
That has been around awhile, they even got MTK to endorse it himself! Though I think its a very sad example of the Kalashnikov design and it only shares similar features only, and I am sure MTK thought the same thing so they probably had to pay him very handsomly to endorse it.

I dont know about quality of the gun, I would never purchase one, hell its probably cheaper to shoot 5,45 nowdays lol.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That may be true for now, but I am confident .22lr domestic production will catch up with demand eventually.
The same cannot be said for a particular variety of surplus ammo that is an absolute finite supply (that is, until we get some import laws changed).

Anyway, what do you guys think of that review it got from alloutdoors?
Apparently, I signed up to be on their newsletter somehow, Idunno, I don't remember anything about it, so I was wondering if you guys had heard of them, or had any first hand experience with that GSG AKish .22lr so you could tell me if the review was fair and accurate.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I have not heard many good things about the GSG AK-22. There are so many other .22 rifles out there that are better, to include the GSG-5/522 that I would look into them or a real AK in .22 before buying one...

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
It look's kinda' neat. Would rather put my money toward's an AIMPOINT PRO for my 6920 though. I already have three .22 rifle's.

·
Banned
1,925 Posts
"Anyway, what do you guys think of that review it got from alloutdoors?
Apparently, I signed up to be on their newsletter somehow, Idunno,"

I'm signed up for alloutdoors now as well..somehow. I'd never heard of the place until they started sending me a newsletter once a week to what was an old email that has now become a work addy.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
If there are .2 conversion kits for AR15's in .223, then why not a conversion kit for AK's in .223?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I local shop had the ATI/GSG AK-22 and it took about 3 years for him to sell it. I bought an AKT-98 from Romania that uses real AK receiver and uses Black Dog Machine 25 round Magazines. If you Want a 22 rimfire AK buy a AKT-98, WASR 22 or a Romanian M-10 in 22 rimfire.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts