AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got two builds in the works right now, one being a Romy AIM I'll be doing this winter and the other a Yugo M70 I'm having built, both of which should keep me occupied for the rest of the year (going back to school in a couple of weeks). But that got me thinking...what next?

I think for 2009 I want to get a Saiga shotgun, either a 12 or 20, and convert it myself, and an AK-74. I'm kicking myself for not getting a '74 this year, but I didn't want to get into another caliber, and now by the time I do, any cost savings on 5.45 over 7.62 will be lost, so it will purely be from a coolness standpoint. Either way I figure I need one. Haven't decided which yet, only that it will have to be equipped with either laminate Russian furniture or plum.

I'm sure the election probably has us all in buying mode. So what does everybody else have on the horizon?

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I don't need any more :shock: unless I can get what I don't yet have..............like a Beryl or earlier typr milled AK47.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I have a romanian RPK and a bulgie krink I'm trying to get as russianized as possible. Both are going to be expensive as hell, so it will be awhile. But I am EXCITED!

·
Registered
741 Posts
My next AK project is my AMD 65 "Khyber Pass" build. Featuring a Triangle folder, Optics Rail, PKAS-S red dot optic, Saiga style BHO lever, double hook trigger, Hotbarrel Gas Piston and a Moses reverse style extended brake. Just waiting on the brake and the receiver...

This is going to be fun...

For those of you who want a Saiga-12 I suggest you get them while you can. Prices are going through the roof... I'm glad I bought mine and converted it last year when I did.

·
Registered
446 Posts
in the near future i really want to add a nice milled type to the collection. probally end up building it. been looking for a kit. but it seems all that is available are the yugos. guess i'll just keep watching gunbroker.

anybody got a type1 for sale cheap? :grin:

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
I really want, either, a PPSH 41 or 43. :grin:

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I wantr a Saiga 12 but refuse to pay $529 for one. That's highway robbery.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Does an RPD count as an AK? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
i'm working on my romy g that will be an underfolder.after that a saiga12 conversion and my 1st ar.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I'm going to build up a Saiga .223, and give it a 74 Look/feel, Wood handguards bulged, Perhaps a Triangle Side folder. I have all the parts together, just need to find that .223 with dimples now :(.

Scoping a 91/30 right now...

Then i'm going to slap together a Wz88 kit most likely.

·
Super Moderator
4,285 Posts
Mine is going to be a Kyber pass but i'm building my folding stock/hardware from scratch just like they do in the kyber pass and to see if I can do it too. I was going to use a polish kit but have since decided to use a romy with Russian wood and possibly a Russian front sight and gas block. filled out the paper work for a new batch of receivers this morning :dance:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts