AK Rifles banner

81 - 100 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Lmao that movie fucking sucked!!!

I knew it was that clip though lol... Doooookkiiieee. Yeah man, that was funny when I was a kid. I still say that shit and nobody ever knows what I'm talking about.

I loved Hulk Hogan, but those movies he made were cheesey. I would love to have all the wrestle manias though from about 1987-1991 I'm guessing. Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, Hacksaw Jim Dugan... yeah buddy!

I used to get those wwf ice cream bars with card in the box lol. I had a wrestling ring in my basement that all the kids in the neighborhood used to come over and use. Really we were just beating the shit out of each other without face shots, and the ring was pissy mattresses we found, but we had a blast.

rowdy roddy....he had a movie, too, and I liked it, they live

hillbilly jim, the Iran shiekh, Nikolai vulkofff, the bushwackers, bobby the brain

·
Super Moderator
25,688 Posts
I watched Beneath Hill 60 this past weekend. It is a WWI movie about Australians tunneling under the German front line. The Germans had tunnels too. I did not know about these tunnels in WWI. Always heard about the trenches.
The one explosion the allies set off was the largest to date in human history until the atomic bomb in the 1940s. To this day, you can still see the crater.

Reactions: 43m1garand

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
The one explosion the allies set off was the largest to date in human history until the atomic bomb in the 1940s. To this day, you can still see the crater.
I saw that in the movie. I bought All Quiet on the Western Front the 1929 version like you recommend. I will watch it this weekend.

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
So many good suggestions but never enough time to watch them.:beer:

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts
Saw one I hadn’t seen in donkey’s years last night. “Fandango.” It’s about 5 dudes on a final road trip misadventure out in the desert in 1971 after having just graduated college, most of which are about to be drafted for Vietnam. Very obscure, kinda heartfelt comedy from the 80’s. Of note is a pretty hilarious skydiving scene. I’d forgotten how much I liked that movie.

“I give it a thumbs up.”

·
Super Moderator
25,688 Posts
I saw that in the movie. I bought All Quiet on the Western Front the 1929 version like you recommend. I will watch it this weekend.
Its one of my favorites, and its easy to see why it was banned in Germany starting in the 1930s. I also recommend reading the book, which is slightly different from the 1929 movie.

Reactions: pwcosol

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Absolute classic.
After that, you'll have to watch "Waterloo" from 1970.
The attention to actual historical detail and the order of battle is flawless.
The back story on the production alone is incredible. They used about 17,000 Soviet troops and a brigade of actual Cavalry as extras.
No CGI, no boxed in small shots of formations, just sheer masses of actual people and explosions. The Soviet engineers even prepped the terrain to mirror that of Waterloo.

·
Super Moderator
25,688 Posts
I really liked the first Rambo movie movie, it was great for the time.
Read the book "First Blood", and you will pissed about the movie.

Reactions: Averageman

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Its one of my favorites, and its easy to see why it was banned in Germany starting in the 1930s. I also recommend reading the book, which is slightly different from the 1929 movie.
I watched it Friday. I like how the one German soldier said to rope off a field and have the kings from different countries and their cabinets fight it out with clubs in their underwear. The other German soldier said to sell tickets to it. I read a review that this is actually an anti-war movie which it is. That is obvious after the kid revisited his school after enlisting and telling kids not to join the military. Kids called him a coward.

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
"First Blood" was a great movie. I've seen the alternate ending they shot, where Troutman assassinates Rambo at the end, and it's a real downer. Easy to see why they went with the happier ending.

The anniversary DVD has a director's commentary from Sylvester Stallone. He explains the whys and hows for every scene and it's fascinating. He's a smart guy and very funny. You've got to hear him make fun of the guy who played the Guardsman who shoots the LAW at the mine where Rambo's hiding. Hysterical.

The last Rambo they released was very good too. Fun, and a great ending to John Rambo's story, with him finally going back to his home in the US at the end. I wish they wouldn't make another.

81 - 100 of 121 Posts