AK Rifles banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After browsing the Robarm site, I have to ask...

The forthcoming Sig 55X for U.S. civvies - or - the Robarm XCR?

I sold all of my AR15s, but I'm tempted to get back into .223 if gas piston reliability can be had at a reasonable price.

(And please don't answer with SAM-5, I'm looking for some variety here)

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
SIG 55X, without a doubt.

While the XCR might be a great rifle, the customer service (or lack thereof) from Robinson means I won't buy anything from them.

I also have the hots for the FN USA P-2000, the 5.56mm bullpup that ejects out the front like a Maxim machine gun and is ambidextrous.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm still hoping that SIG rethinks the AR15 style buttstock on the 556 and gives the option of having the old 55X folding stock.

·
Registered
156 Posts
CornFedHusker said:
I'm still hoping that SIG rethinks the AR15 style buttstock on the 556 and gives the option of having the old 55X folding stock.
Id go sig, Im sure there will be an aftermarket stock out there due to demand. I love capitalism. :grin:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
SiG..............without hesitation, between those two choices.......... :confused:

:cool:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Sig for a few reasons. 1 the XCR is a brand new system that may or may not work, 2 robarm sucks....alas they have me by the balls being the only game in town for VEPRS. :sad:

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Stock bone M4 AR15.

No frills or thrills.

I still won't get rid of any of my ARs until I see the FN Scar for myself. Or the P2000. The Sig rifle probably functions great....But damn that's not what I had in mind when Sig said they would bring back the 55x Rifles again.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Is it just me or does the new Sig REALLY, I mean REALLY dissapoint?? It WAS a gorgeous rifle, why are they doing this "AR bolt on as much crap as you can" route?? :mad: :sad:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Tomovich said:
Is it just me or does the new Sig REALLY, I mean REALLY dissapoint?? It WAS a gorgeous rifle, why are they doing this "AR bolt on as much crap as you can" route?? :mad: :sad:
that's where the money is, the AR lemmings will follow.

why doesn't anybody want a 223 ak? my vepr is awesome.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
That's not the point. I'm ordering a Yugo 223 kit tomorrow to build up. I'm an "accumulator" and a collector and have always wanted a SiG 550 series. NOT a SiGar. :wink: :mad:

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'd go SIG. I would rather have a Valmet/Galil/Daewoo for 5.56

1 - 19 of 19 Posts