AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across a very nice romy yesterday that has an upswept charging handle. Only thing is it was a AKM.. It looked like it was a kit build absolutely zero marking aside from trunnion that I could see. All matching.. The ser# had some numbers or digits followed by 1986, had an empty triangle in front. Did someone do a good job on the handle or was this some type odd romy?

·
Technical Advisor
16,054 Posts
A Md86 is 5.45. OP states a x39. I would guess a USA modified charging handle on that rifle. Heat and bend.

·
Premium Member
13,379 Posts
A Md86 is 5.45. OP states a x39. I would guess a USA modified charging handle on that rifle. Heat and bend.
Right you are, AKBlUE, I missed the x39. Wrong glasses on today for a while...fixed now...:)

·
Premium Member
13,379 Posts
That is true., my bad.., could be either. brain went to 7.62 vs 5.45.:)
Ha...and I walked right off the cliff with you! I usually can due fine on my own at making mistakes, but help is always appreciated....:)

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No it was a 7.62x39. It's so hard to find 5.45 around here hah. The rifle looked like a personal build, rivets were fair and looked strong enough. I had just bought a mkii with upswept handle and the 7.62 just had a very original feel and look. It was a full sized AKM.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I really like the look of those, seems practical without being obnoxious. I might modify a spare for funzies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts