AK Rifles banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold mine and now I regret it! Looking for the complete set and the stock with logo and grenade pad slot. Looking to trade more than buy. I am willing to give up my Romanian bakelite set for it - partial trade + money on my part. The set has been repaired but otherwise nice. Pic on the rifle to the left:

View of the repair. Seems well done and very strong. I nor the previous owner did the repair:

After doing some research it seems that my upper might be Bulgarian. I never questioned it due to the perfect match with the rest of the set. Not happy with this discovery. It really is a perfect match though.(if someone can confirm fill free to post in this thread)

Rare raised checkering grip. Most Romanians are inverted. After the upper discovery, I began to question my grip. Unlike Bulgy grips though, the checkering is crisp and well defined and a style match to the vertical grip.

Normally I would not sell a bakelite set for less than $300, but due to the repair and what I think is a Bulgarian upper; I am willing to add some money to a trade. If no trade than I will be selling the set and entertaining offers. I love the cool factor but in practice I prefer a mag well hold so the VG has little use to me.

Also looking for an Izhmash tactical grip. Thanks for looking.

· Registered
786 Posts
Re: WTT Romanian Bakelite Set for Russian AK100 series folde

caliri47 said:
i beleive the romanian has ridges inside the upper, not smooth.

I stole this image from someone here long ago for a good reference.

+1

· Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: WTT Romanian Bakelite Set for Russian AK100 series folde

Folder kit found. Disregard trade. I will sell the grip set but there are a few people who have asked about them in the past. If none of these people buy them then I will put them up for sale here. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.