AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sold to JC507JC

Price - $10,000
First unconditional “I’ll take it" gets it.
I am listing in the forum first, in hopes that this kit will find its way into another members collection who will appreciate it as much as I do. It will be listed only here for 72 hours, then this add will be crossposted, so timestamps will matter. All marketplace rules apply. I can accept the following payment methods;
Postal money order (least preferred option due to NYC caching requirements)
Personal check (item will be held until the funds clear
Venmo, Zelle, Cashapp,
Paypal (goods & services = +4%, or Friends & family = 0 additional costs) – My preferred option
If paying digitally, put NO GUN WORDS in the comment box.
Shipping will be by USPS medium flate rate box. I will cover shipping and insurance for the package.
Regretfully I need to fund other responsibilities so up for your consideration is a pristine Russian Izzy Type 1 single disk cut fixed stock kit. Complete, no MMR or other demil present aside for the single disk cut through the center of the receiver. The cut was made in between the rails, so no harm was done to, or repair needed to the rails. This is all T1 to include the fluted piston, except for the barrel (US made) and cleaning rod (Russian T3). There is some aged corrosion spots on this, but not bad at all. Every part is covered in proofs and is mostly numbers (Bolt, carrier, trunnion, rear sight leaf, top cover, grip tang and gas tube (restamped to match).
To further add to this kits value, the story I was given by the dealer who sourced this kit is that this was one of five complete kits found in some closet while cleaning out some old Izzy factory. These five kits were given to Molot to build as true, functional T1 rifles. The dealer bought all five and demilled to be sold as kits. There are only five of these in the states. The corrosion evidence is from poor storage. The internals and innards look virgin/barely used only for test fire. This is truly as perfect example of a T1 as you can get. I doubt you will find a better T1 kit for sale ever again with Russia tightening down exports and shutting down the only two parts distributors who offered complete kits.
Full disclosure – the grip panels need to be properly fit to the metal grip tang, there is a bit of a gap in them, and the screw that secures the grips to the tang does not properly fit. Also, the buttpad on the dark stock is slightly oversized. The kit contains and additional buttstock to match the handguards (original ones were lost in transit). Lastly three correct slings (Mustard, OD, and Navy) are included to allow the owner to choose which one they like best.
Below are pictures that show each aspect of the kit in detail. If you have further questions please PM me, I will respond quickly…unless I am asleep.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
That is a very cool kit, I would have loved to have gotten it, congrats to the buyer.
It's also very weird, it looks like it was built as a deact, but not one I've ever seen. Take a look at the barrel stub in the FSB, it's got a rod through the barrel but not through the FSB like the barrel was blocked and then the components were pressed on. Would love to see if there was something similar done to the chamber.

Reactions: JC507JC

·
Registered
745 Posts
If indeed this came from some cupboard in the Izhevsk factory, I can easily see them building it from spare parts as a display or shop model, only the barrel/chamber rodded to prevent firing so as to be able to preserve the other parts, otherwise fully-functional for observation, comparison and study within the factory. A 100% accurate demonstration model; if there are any questions about how parts are being made or how they work, you can go to the sanctioned model on the shop floor and observe. When the Type-1 becomes obsolete, these items get stuck aside and forgotten. Just speculation on my part, but it is easy to see this happening.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I was going to say the pin looks to be though the muzzle threads
Overall it clearly has nothing in common with the Ukraine deactivated rifles.
It does remind me (because of the finish) of the one in the goofy forgotten weapons video
It’s odd it didn’t get a date stamped on it when refurbished.
That extra stock in the first two pictures is a T2 btw.
That barrel stub is going to be a real joy to get out .... why chop all the stubs so short?
And if the trigger guard is off why not cut the receiver behind the rails?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was going to say the pin looks to be though the muzzle threads
Overall it clearly has nothing in common with the Ukraine deactivated rifles.
It does remind me (because of the finish) of the one in the goofy forgotten weapons video
It’s odd it didn’t get a date stamped on it when refurbished.
That extra stock in the first two pictures is a T2 btw.
That barrel stub is going to be a real joy to get out .... why chop all the stubs so short?
And if the trigger guard is off why not cut the receiver behind the rails?
Finish, yes it is a bit funky. I was told this was put on when MOLOT rebuilt it. I was going to have it reblued to bring back its original character.
Refinished stamp, yes I did find that very odd as well. I wish it would have, but o well.
Barrel stub, yea, they all are cut that short. I imagine it has to do with customs and getting it through their side...
T1 rails were split and not one piece, so it was cut in-between, not damaging either side. I also this has to do with their customs as well.
Buttstock. Yes, profile is slightly different, but was sent as a replacement set, so its included.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I know it’s cut between the rails and trunnion
Just saying a better place to weld is behind the rails
Its going to be hard to weld that and stay off the trunnion on the longer left side.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I know it’s cut between the rails and trunnion
Just saying a better place to weld is behind the rails
Its going to be hard to weld that and stay off the trunnion on the longer left side.
Fair point, there is a small gap between the rails so that will add to the difficulty.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts