AK Rifles banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
DO NOT PM - email - [email protected]

Since there are no available FSB's for conversions and no real alternatives to adding a 22mm muzzle device here is a solution that will make your rifle look more authentic. Its clean, its professional, its simple!

This is a press fit adapter that once installed can be pinned in place like the rest of the barrel components (pilot hole comes pre-drilled) or by using a set screw to lock in place. It will allow you to use the proper Romanian 22mm Muzzle Devices. Designed for SAR 2, SAR 3, MK II, CUR II. No need to swap out your FSB or thread your barrel just press on and lock in place!

I pressed one in place on my Sar-3 shown with my AIMS rifle, once the muzzle device is installed it looks like it has the correct FSB!

These are currently offered in 2 sizes and will accept orders for custom sizing for an additional fee of $7.50. I will guarantee it will fit the diameter you send me but you are responsible for sending accurate measurements, no refunds on custom sizing.

Size A - will fit barrels from .504-.5055
Size B - will fit barrels from .508-.5095

You can also choose between 22mm and 24mm threads!

These can be made to fit ANY AK! Will also work on any ban AK's that has the threads turned of allowing you to attach the common 24mm muzzle breaks! One thing to make sure when doing this is that the muzzle break is design to work with the caliber your gun is chambered in!

PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM ON OUR WEBSITE! - http://jmac-customs.com/ak/aims_conversion_part

$35 shipped. These will be sold in the white made of 4140 heat treated steel.

Size A/22 - 22mm threads, ID .504" - 9 Available
Size B/22 - 22mm threads, ID .508" - 19 Available
Size B/24 - 24mm threads, ID .508" - 10 Available

The conversion kit is a complete package that includes;

Press-On Thread Adapter
Set Screw with lock-tite pre-applied
1/16 Allen Wrench For Set Screw
3mm Roll Pin
1/8" Drill bit

Detent and Spring will be an available option as soon as I track some down and get pricing. Your FSB is already drilled to accept them and the adapter holds them in place.

Accept MO, and all major CCs +3% fee, no paypal

I will also be making an exact copy of the original 22mm Muzzle Device

I'm not responsible for knowing the laws in your area, if you are not allowed to own this don't purchase it!

Thanks again for your continued support,
Justin

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Justin,

Do you think there's any chance of the adapter staying in place without pinning or setscrewing to the barrel, with only a proper press fit and perhaps hi-temp Loctite?

·
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine was a tight press fit and will have to be pressed off in order to remove it. The pin and set screw options are for added security due to the varying barrel sizes. I can't recommend not securing it but depending on your barrel size it is "POSSIBLE" that it will remain in place without issues.

LET ME REPEAT AS THE MANUFACTURER OF THIS PRODUCT I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT. <-- Not being harsh just covering my assets :cool:

The set screw will lock it in place with little effort, no permanent modifications to the firearm and added peace of mind.

Thanks
Justin

Justin,

Do you think there's any chance of the adapter staying in place without pinning or set screwing to the barrel, with only a proper press fit and perhaps hi-temp Loctite?

Reactions: AK1776UNION

·
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
New option added by request, available with 24mm threads!

·
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First batch almost complete!
IMG_1574.191133031_large.JPG

·
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The conversion kit is a complete package that includes;

Press-On Thread Adapter
Set Screw with lock-tite pre-applied
1/16 Allen Wrench For Set Screw
3mm Roll Pin
1/8" Drill bit

Detent and Spring will be an available option as soon as I track some down and get pricing. Your FSB is already drilled to accept them and the adapter holds them in place.

Should be complete Mid-Week Next week
Justin

·
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Packages Assembled! Ready to Ship!

Everyone that already sent funds please send an email over confirming your barrel size and Ill get these sent out ASAP!

22mm threads, ID .504" - 10 Available
22mm threads, ID .508" - 20 Available
24mm threads, ID .508" - 10 Available

These can be sized to fit your barrel.

Thanks,
Justin

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just a quick review of my experience.
My 22mm thread conversion part arrived on Saturday. It came well packaged with everthing needed for install with the exception of a press, drill press and rifle. The installation is straight forward and an easy for anyone, even those with minimal mechanical ability. Fit was perfect for me, although I did use both the set screw and pinned it on. I don't plan on removing it so I may even weld over the two holes.
Overall what more could you ask for than a well made product with everthing needed to install it, as well as a guy that stands behind it and there willing to help if you need it.
Bravo, quality and customer service are not dead!

I would have posted range pics but ended up in the ER instead. Nothing life threatening, I didn't want that old gall bladder anyway.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics!

·
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Bob! Glad your happy with the adapter and hate to hear about your medical issues. Post some range pictures when you get to feeling better!

·
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ttt^^

·
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ttt^^

·
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Who needs the put a 22mm MB on their rifle???

·
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The following are packaged up ready to ship!

Size A/22 - 22mm threads, ID .504" - 9 Available
Size B/22 - 22mm threads, ID .508" - 19 Available
Size B/24 - 24mm threads, ID .508" - 10 Available

·
Registered
329 Posts
Are these adapters still available? I have a friend with a Romanian Cugir SAR 5.45X39mm, who would be interested. Please, LMK.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Two years old!! I can use one! ;)

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
He has a website FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.