AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AK Short Rivet Pressing Jig. This tool is used to press the short rivets in the front trunnion and on underfolder rear trunnion short rivets. To be used with a shop press. Jig is precision made from steel with black oxide finish. The backing plate is included, $169.00 Extra backing plates are $8 each

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
any chance for a piece to dome the inner rivets like the russkies do? :grin:

G

·
0 Posts
tangotag said:
Nice clean design.

Can it reach the lower rivet for a triangle sidefolder?
Is the cross shaft heat treated?
Yes. You can extended the rivet pressing arm to reach the rear rivets in underfolder and side folding rear trunnions. The center ram is 1.250 diameter and make of tool steel, they are very well build and fit. The base plate is over 5/8" think and heavy!

Here is what our supplier said about the material...

"Hardened Steel- Made from hardened steel 4140 alloy steel. Core Rockwell hardness is 47-58 (surface hardness is RC 60)."

G

·
0 Posts
Next run of jigs are in the warehouse today, there are several of them that will be left after back orders are filled.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
any chance for a piece to dome the inner rivets like the russkies do?
None of the kits I've seen from Russia have domed rivets. They're all flat on the inside.

this is a nice looking jig. I think I'll buy one.

·
Registered
577 Posts
j_tudeski said:
None of the kits I've seen from Russia have domed rivets. They're all flat on the inside.

Every one of my Ruski PLO kits and Hungarian Kits have had rounded inside rivets.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Rivets

j_tudeski said:

This is the forked rear truion from a 1971 Russian AKM that I had demill the dome rivets from for a build. All the rivets were that way..............

CAB

1 - 20 of 32 Posts