AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the original owner of this Spas-12. I bought it back around 1989 and shot maybe 20 shells through it, cleaned it and put it in my climate controlled safe. It has been in there since then. Absolutely nothing wrong at all with this gun. No more being imported and this is the full capacity model for a total of 9 shells. More pics available upon request. $1400/obo plus shipping. [email protected]

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Wow! I haven't seen one of these since I sold mine back in the early 90's. Nice shotgun. Good luck with your sale.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Push-button-or-Lever Safety type? which version? Nevermind. I see it's lever. This type was recalled. After some wear. this franchi spas-12 can fire a shell just by pushing the lever from safe to semi. I don't make negative comments in for sale threads. But this shotgun can be DAMN dangerous without pushbutton recall kit put on it. A dead member wouldn't be cool. Here are links about lever model.
http://spas12.com/spassafety.htm http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spas-12

·
Registered
399 Posts
Um Mods this is a real safety issue to any member who owns this.Had one in 91.No one hurt but scared the hell out of me.

·
Registered
935 Posts
This is my favorite shtgun since rutger hauer used it in "The Hitcher". But My father-in-law almost shot his leg when turning the safety. funny. but not-so-much. I will help if I can by trying to find seller the parts. It just 2pb button, and spring. Numrich had em. I'm searching. I almost wanna buy so I can fix it.

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
Enough guys, suffice to say this model of weapon has a known safety issue and a potential buyer should be aware of it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry guys I was unaware of the safety issue. Like I said in the post I have only put 20 shells through it many years ago and then stored it till now. I will get the safety fixed and repost it. If anyone wants it before then I will knock $100 off and they can get the kit. Whatever, happens I for sure want everyone SAFE!!!!! JEFF

1 - 8 of 8 Posts