AK Rifles banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In exellent condition no gouges ,i have the butt plate $50.00+$8.00 S+H .If you can't make payment in 2-3 days don't post i'll take it, there are some people that make it like that

[/img]

·
Registered
312 Posts
caliri47 said:
In exellent condition no gouges ,i have the butt plate $50.00+$8.00 S+H .If you can't make payment in 2-3 days don't post i'll take it, there are some people that make it like that

[/img]

I'll take it!

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sks stock

Someone didn't read the post that says first "i'll take it" e-mailed me earlier & it's SPF to run the drum

·
Registered
312 Posts

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sks

I know the rules, like i said someone didn't read it.Iv'e had that happen to me a number of times where i posted "i'll take it & was beat by an e-mail.When i complanded about it i was told it was the sellers stuff & he could sell it any way he wanted, so i asked why have any rules then.I wasn't on line to get either meesage so i went by the time on the e-mail & post.It wasn't intended to go that way, sorry for my over site.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Re: sks

caliri47 said:
I know the rules, like i said someone didn't read it.Iv'e had that happen to me a number of times where i posted "i'll take it & was beat by an e-mail.When i complanded about it i was told it was the sellers stuff & he could sell it any way he wanted, so i asked why have any rules then.I wasn't on line to get either meesage so i went by the time on the e-mail & post.It wasn't intended to go that way, sorry for my over site.
Joe,

That's NOT correct at all. I'll take it is the rule on this site. Plain and simple. The problem rests when items are on multiple sites. We have no control when the items are listed on multiple sites. That's when the problems set in.

We have a problem here?
:confused:

·
Registered
577 Posts

Exotic-Toys said:
caliri47 said:
Joe,

That's NOT correct at all. I'll take it is the rule on this site. Plain and simple. The problem rests when items are on multiple sites. We have no control when the items are listed on multiple sites. That's when the problems set in.

We have a problem here?
I think he knows that's not correct and he knows the rules but it has been his experience that maybe the rules arent always enforced. What is he supposed to do, refund the original buyer and sell to the person who posted "ill take it" first.

Why isnt the rule "first unconditional offer to buy" regardless of what medium is used to put forth the offer. If the rule is based on fairness, wouldn't first contact be the fairest, most reasonable way to go?

·
Registered
577 Posts

CatalystX said:
Exotic-Toys said:
caliri47 said:
Joe,

We have a problem here?
I think he knows that's not correct and he knows the rules but it has been his experience that maybe the Ill take it Rule wasnt enforced when he was on the other side of the deal. What is he supposed to do, refund the original buyer and sell to the person who posted "ill take it" first.

Why isnt the rule "first unconditional offer to buy" regardless of what medium is used to put forth the offer. If the rule is based on fairness, wouldn't first contact be the fairest, most reasonable way to go?

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Catalyst, do you have dog in this race? Something at stake?

We do the best we can on this site and will ENFORCE all rules when it happens on this site entirely. When multiple web-sites are brought into the picture it becomes cloudy.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rules

I'm a firm beleiver in "i'll take it" goes, but when i ran into a problem i was told the person said to reply by e-mail & i posted "i'll take it " it didn't apply.I also mantain that by posting "i'll take it" enables you to see who posted first & what time, but for some reason it didn't apply when i posted i'll take it, and it wasn't posted some where eles. Like i said this guy e-mailed me & my fault i didn't up date the post.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Exotic-Toys said:
Catalyst, do you have dog in this race? Something at stake?

We do the best we can on this site and will ENFORCE all rules when it happens on this site entirely. When multiple web-sites are brought into the picture it becomes cloudy.
I have nothing at stake, I think everyone greatly appreciates what you guys do for us.

I didn't mean for that to be offensive, I just figured since you posted it in the open forum I could respond to it.

I understand the frustration that occurs when you dont get something because it sold first on another site. I have been there many many times, as I buy and sell quite a bit both here and at ARFcom.

However, it seems that maybe instead of the ill take it rule, just make it that if something is for sale here, its for sale here, and not on 5 other boards. The problem arises when youve got one person who messaged you on one board, you agree to the deal, and then come here to update your post as SPF and see an "Ill take it" in the thread, then what to do.

Since the Ill take it rule pretty much means that you can only have your stuff listed on this board, (which I agree with) it seems that changing the rule would eliminate some of the gray area and probably make your job easier.

I am NOT trying to tell you how to run the site, I just have seen a bunch of threads (including 2 of my own) that were all crapped up because of this issue in the last couple of weeks.

Once again I apoligize if I stepped on any toes :D

-Ryan

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Re: rules

caliri47 said:
I'm a firm beleiver in "i'll take it" goes, but when i ran into a problem i was told the person said to reply by e-mail & i posted "i'll take it " it didn't apply.I also mantain that by posting "i'll take it" enables you to see who posted first & what time, but for some reason it didn't apply when i posted i'll take it, and it wasn't posted some where eles. Like i said this guy e-mailed me & my fault i didn't up date the post.
I get complaints daily. I don't remember every last one of them. The moderators work very hard to resolve issues. ALL VOLUNTEER!

You clearly haven't read out marketplace rules. You've deleted your threads??

I suggest if you don't like this marketplace to avoid it.

This marketplace has operated under an I'll take it from day 1. We will not be changing it.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
The problem arises when youve got one person who messaged you on one board, you agree to the deal, and then come here to update your post as SPF and see an "Ill take it" in the thread, then what to do.
I don't have anything at stake here either but just wanted to respond to the quote above.

Wouldn't it be prudent, if you have things listed on multiple boards to check all the boards you've listed on before responding to anyone? That would seem to avoid any confusion.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Delta-3 said:
The problem arises when youve got one person who messaged you on one board, you agree to the deal, and then come here to update your post as SPF and see an "Ill take it" in the thread, then what to do.
I don't have anything at stake here either but just wanted to respond to the quote above.

Wouldn't it be prudent, if you have things listed on multiple boards to check all the boards you've listed on before responding to anyone?
That is the Idea, but unfortunately, especially on the stellar deals, by the time you notice the ill take it on one board, you might have one on another and then the shitstorm starts. I have learned that its best just to list your stuff on one board at least for the first couple of days and then go from there. Usually if stuff doesnt go right off, youll have time to update your other threads should it sell later on.

I think we should leave it at this, since this is FS and not a discussion forum.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.