AK Rifles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, for sale is a CAD file that can be utilized to CNC machine your own milled receiver. I have spent 300 hours checking and double checking this design for flaws and errors based on the original blueprints from the Circle 10 factories. It is for the standard fixed stock receiver but can be made to fit other kits with slight adjusting and modifying of the file. Price is $350 FIRM, the reasoning being that with this file-you can make your own receivers as much as you need instead of wasting hundreds of dollars every kit.

Shipping: No FFL needed, just a file. The way I operate is to ship the file on a USB or send over email, your choice. 3-day is free, overnight is $15 if you want it that quickly.

Reliability: I am a Bulgarian machinist student. I immigrated to the US in 2011 and have gone to a technical school in Virginia to hone my machining skills. I have had repeated deals on Calguns as well as akfiles with ZERO issues. If you have any questions or special requests, please contact me. I DO NOT do custom machine work or designing, PERIOD. Too busy

Thanks for the interest,
David Yokov
:animak:
Renderings: Free online CAD Viewer. View AutoCAD DWG/DXF, HPGL PLT, SVG, CGM, STEP, IGES files in web

A receiver I had machined: Untitled-2.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does it say what type of cutter was used on the lightning cuts?
Lots of guys grind nowadays. I DO NOT recommend this.
Now...A two pass job on a horizontal mill, one for rough, reverse to climb mill for finish with a cutter that has edges relieved to match radius on the receivers lightning cuts will work and is what they used to do in the factories.These cutters are called plain horizontal milling cutters ( or slab cutters, slot cutters, etc.) You'll need a plain milling cutter with cutting teeth on the side.The smallest standard size is a 2.75" diameter for a 0.875" arbor, or a 3" diameter for a 1" arbor. This might prove too big, I use a .5" diameter but they are less common and harder to obtain.

You can also, alternatively, use a standard mill and position the receiver upright.

Hope this helps,
David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts