Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WTS: Milled Russian Type III AK-47 --SOLD--

--SOLD--

I have a milled Russian Type III Ak-47 that I would like to sell. It is in excellent condition and was built by Mario at Piece of History Firearms and is described as follows:

New-type Firing Line milled receiver, correct selector markings and proof marks, original Russian chrome-lined barrel with a shiny bore that has strong rifling, original Russian wood furniture, correct headspace and timing, entire rifle blued. There are one or two spots with small discoloring and a small pit mark or two from when the rifle was sitting in a box as a kit waiting to be built. This is really about as good as it gets when it comes to owning an original Russian Type III, and Mario is highly regarded as one of the country's best AK builders.

It has only been fired twice, with a total round count of under 200.

I was inquiring a day or two ago about what a fair price would be for something like this. Gunbroker has none listed, and I haven't seen any of them bought/sold in recent years. So I am taking an educated guess and saying somewhere around $1,600. I am just looking to sell it for a fair price, so if you want to make an offer, please go ahead....all will be considered.

I have several more pictures that I can email to you if you are interested.

The rifle is located in Montgomery County, PA.

20131021_102318.jpg

·
Registered
6,927 Posts
Your title says Type II (2). Beautiful rifle, and I almost pulled the trigger, till I saw it was a Type III (3). I have enough T3's. Good luck with the sale!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The numbers for the bolt/bolt carrier and receiver match (at the time Firing Line matched up their serial number with that of the kit). The recoil spring, dustcover and gas tube have separate numbers.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
What is your price? This reads like an auction...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Correct. I was asking somewhere around $1,600, believing that was an accurate guess as to a fair value. After speaking with some people on this forum and others, they are in agreement that the asking price is fair. And since we are all in this hobby together, I have no problems working with someone to reach a price we are both happy with, which is why I say "somewhere around $1,600."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.