AK Rifles banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale one Hungarian underfolder Project. Is a complete rifle, but the previous owner was a hamfisted builder. Got this in a lot in trade.

**THE GOOD***

I have fired it, and it runs decently. Little FCG hangup due to Crappy US trigger set. NDS-1P Receiver.(not Matching SN's) Good wood, decent finish. VERY close to lockup on a No Go Guage, but still passes. MATCHING NUMBERS

***THE BAD*****
Missing front left rivet in Trunnion(nice to know an AK will run with 5)
BROKEN Gas tube lever....
BROKEN Lower Handguard lever...

If I was keeping it I would de-mil the front end, replace the broken parts(under 25 bucks at K-var or others) Finish pressing TG and deal with the underfolder(it works, just not 100%"Correct")

Get a great deal on a RARE AK underfolder...Even if you have to de-mil it.

Asking 450+ the ride to your FFL
All legal stuff applies, Know your laws, move if need be.
Listed on Gunboards as well.

Pics available on request or check this thread shortly.

·
Banned
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pics:

Underfolder fix:

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Is it a rivet build or screw build?

What state are you in?

·
Banned
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rivet build PM sent

·
Banned
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Buyer backed out

·
Banned
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BTT

·
Banned
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
btt for lower price

·
Registered
613 Posts
would you let it go for $550 all problems fixed? :shock:

·
Banned
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I sold all my tooling. I would just be breaking even if I had to buy tooling again and sold for 550.

Really, this is basic build stuff here. Re-rivet front end, press barrel and have a rare underfolder.

·
Banned
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SPF

·
Registered
89 Posts
UF

Dear Storydude1 The rifle arrived with only one USA part(the receiver). the kit used was mismatched not matched as posted plus a list of issues.. Please read the PM I sent days ago. Mod please excuse this post as pms are going unread. Jess AKA Red Dog 1

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Storydude1 said:
For sale one Hungarian underfolder Project. Is a complete rifle, but the previous owner was a hamfisted builder. Got this in a lot in trade.

**THE GOOD***

I have fired it, and it runs decently. Little FCG hangup due to Crappy US trigger set. NDS-1P Receiver.(not Matching SN's) Good wood, decent finish. VERY close to lockup on a No Go Guage, but still passes. MATCHING NUMBERS

***THE BAD*****
Missing front left rivet in Trunnion(nice to know an AK will run with 5)
BROKEN Gas tube lever....
BROKEN Lower Handguard lever...

If I was keeping it I would de-mil the front end, replace the broken parts(under 25 bucks at K-var or others) Finish pressing TG and deal with the underfolder(it works, just not 100%"Correct")

Get a great deal on a RARE AK underfolder...Even if you have to de-mil it.

Asking 450+ the ride to your FFL
All legal stuff applies, Know your laws, move if need be.
Listed on Gunboards as well.

Pics available on request or check this thread shortly.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Re: UF

Red Dog 1 said:
Dear Storydude1 The rifle arrived with only one USA part(the receiver). the kit used was mismatched not matched as posted plus a list of issues.. Please read the PM I sent days ago. Mod please excuse this post as pms are going unread. Jess AKA Red Dog 1

I did the above to prevent an edit. Contact Exotic-Toys ASAP over this.

·
Banned
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was out of town.

PM sent.

·
Banned
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just to clear the air on this.

The numbers that matched were:
Bolt
Carrier
Front trunnion
Recoil spring guide
and Top cover.

The buyer stated that the barrel did not match the rest of the kit, and as the gas tube lever AND Handguard lever were broken, I did not remove the handguard to verify barrel matching numbers. The kit was purchased from APEX as a matching number kit in August and the individual that built it claims he did not swap barrels.

As for not having the required US parts, I sold the rifle as it was represented to me, which was being in 922r compliance with FCG, Piston, Rec and Slant brake.

As stated in the ad above, *I* would have demilled the kit and rebuilt it. The rifle was sold as a project, needing work.

I have PM'ed the buyer with an offer of a partial refund and am awaiting a response. I also offer to pay for all compliance parts needed.

I Will make this right, and WILL take this issue up with the person I received the rifle from.

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
I think the barrels were never stamped with the serial number of the rifle on the AMMS???

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.