AK Rifles banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Funding a new project and this sadly has to go!

Akforum Special Edition Rifle (SER I)
Hungarian SA85, built by Troy at InRange.

As many of you might remember, the SER I, the Hungarian SA85 were built a few years back by Troy Sellars at InRange. They were put together using DCI receivers, G2 trigger groups, and US muzzle brakes and gas pistons to make them 922r compliant. All of them were built from kits with original Hungarian barrels, and each rifle's receiver was specially engraved "AKFORUM.NET S.E.R." on the bottom of the rifle. I have the original SER certificate of authenticity that will be included with the rifle!

This particular rifle has been lightly used; I am the original owner, and I've put maybe 500 rounds of Wolf down the barrel, and the rest of the time the gun has just sat in its case. The finish looks great still, but there are a couple scratches on the receiver.

The furniture is typical of the Hungarian kits of the day - a little beat up. :) With a little elbow grease, you could make them look a lot nicer. Or they are easily replaced with some beautiful blonde wood.

$550 shipped. Not really looking for trades with the exception of a SLG-31

PM me for questions. Thanks for looking! Excuse the poor quality of these pics..I'll take some better ones soon.

SPF to Blackthorn762

· Registered
61 Posts
Re: WTS Hungarian SA85 (Special Edition Rifle no 1) $590 shi

Never mind - hasty, irrelevent comment :embarrassed:

· Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: WTS Hungarian SA85 (Special Edition Rifle no 1) $590 shi

Sale fell through with the buyer in that previous sale - had a family emergency.

· Registered
1,110 Posts
Re: WTS Hungarian SA85 (Special Edition Rifle no 1) $550 shi

For anybody that's unfamiliar with these Hungarian AK's, these are very high quality. I can't believe this hasn't been snatched up. These kits are unobtainium and when they do surface, they are $400-450 and Troy Sellars is one of the best builders out there. Just sayin' that for a little more than a WASR sells for someone can have a damn nice AK......

· Registered
61 Posts

I'll take it for $550.00 Shipped

· Registered
8,049 Posts

'bout time somebody removed this temptation from me. :twisted:

Nice score!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.