AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SPF again - Galil ARM built by ORF on ORF receiver.
This is not a century Golani conversion.
Chrome lined barrel with galil trigger
Comes with 2 orlite 35 round magazines (not the magazine pictured).
Asking $850 shipped. Money order or cashier's check. Located in St. Louis Missouri and will entertain FTF.

A few trades I'd considered with cash either coming to me or going to you:
Yugo M53
A lot of fun to shoot.

more images available upon request.

· Registered
1,687 Posts
Couple of questions: new to Galil
-Is this a Pre-Ban import or US-built?
-Are the mags that you are including mil-spec or civvy aftermarket?
-Is it an exact clone/semiauto version of IDF weapon or a sporterized version and what is different?
If there is a good link that answers my questions, please LMK. Thanks!

· Registered
1,802 Posts
serzant said:
-Is it an exact clone/semiauto version of IDF weapon or a sporterized version and what is different?
I would think it is US built since he said its on a ORF receiver.

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
serzant said:
US built by Ohio Rapid Fire on Ohio Rapid Fire Receiver
Mags are orlite mil-spec. I haven't tried after market mags. I've also noticed the metal mil-spec mags fit slightly loose but it doesn't hinder the operation of the gun.
It's an exact clone/semi-auto version in that it built using a galil ARM kit and a US receiver + 922r parts.
There are sporterized galils out there imported in the 80s and 90s but this is not one of them. There are also galil golani sporters made by century (some with bayonet lugs, some without) but they were only produced in the AR variant.

· Registered
1,687 Posts
daskro said:
There are also galil golani sporters made by century (some with bayonet lugs, some without) but they were only produced in the AR variant.
Forgive my ignorence again, so the caliber of this is .223 or .308?
And the bayo lags are on it?

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
serzant said:
daskro said:
There are also galil golani sporters made by century (some with bayonet lugs, some without) but they were only produced in the AR variant.
Forgive my ignorence again, so the caliber of this is .223 or .308?
And the bayo lags are on it?
It is 223 and it has a bayonet lug just above and to the right of the bipod.

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I lied, I didn't end up putting it on GB but it is for sale again. Still at $1,050.

A few more things to add since the original listing. I found the bullet guide was an AK bullet guide and not a galil bullet guide. On certain metal mags the lack of ramp on the ak bullet guide would cause feeding issues once every mag so I had a slight ramp tig welded on top of the ak bullet guide. This fixed the feeding issue and it shoots fine.

I will be for serious trying to selling it this time so I will put it on gun broker after 1-2 weeks.

Here's another pic

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NACHTJAGER said:
Original chrome lined barrel? What shape is it in? I know most of the Galil kits that came into the country had shot out barrels.
I've got a few PMs about this. I don't know if it is an IMI barrel, what I did find in terms of markings was the picture posted below, under the two numbers was letter G (G as in green mountain?). What I can say is the barrel is still shinny with well defined rifling. Not shot up at all.

· Registered
7,270 Posts
I think it's really just a matter of bad timing. Century Galil's can be had for $600. While Century has a hit or miss reputation, ORF does to a lesser extent as well. To top it off, CNC Warrior is working on Galil receivers. They have a good reputation. I think if someone was willing to spend in the $1000 range, they'd buy a nice kit and build it on a CNC Warrior receiver. All this said, nothing looks wrong with your rifle. There's just way more supply than there was a few years ago. I hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.