AK Rifles banner

WTS Dimple Form Tool

19K views 116 replies 79 participants last post by  1337h4cker 
#1 · (Edited)
The dimple tool is designed to use with any 1MM AKM/1.5 receiver, especially the Childers and Recreator preheat treated AKM receivers. The tool fully supports the receiver so you will not damage or distort it. It is made up of a base Plate made out if CRS and a male & female form tool made out of O-1 Tool steel professionally heat treated to 40/44Rc. The base shim is used to support the tool and be able to remove the tool after you form the dimple. It has a slot in it for clearance so you won't damage the dimple when you flip the receiver over to do the opposite side. The Female piece is cut to fit close to edges.
The tool comes with a plate for use with standard 1MM AKM receivers and also a plate stamped with 1.5 stamped on it for the thicker Yugo receivers.
The cost is $36 Cash, MO, Zelle.
I do have business PP, no F&F $37
I ship the next day after receiving payment. If you have any questions PM me.
Send me a PM If you want one and I will give you payment info.

See less See more
#34 ·
The tool is to easy to form a dimple in the hardened receiver sidewall for swell neck rivets installation. Generally there are two swell necks in the front trunnion and one to two swell neck rivets in the rear trunnion depending upon stock type. The swell neck rivets take the sear load from the trunnions to the receiver and lock them positionally in the receiver.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.