AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate myself for doing this - but here we go...

A couple of WWI beauties, both fairly collectable.

1st, is obviously an M1903, but it is a Rock Island - and it is all Rock Island, top to bottom - yes, an RI 6-18 barrel (correct receiver/barrel mfg dates), bore is good w/some frosting, but strong rifling. Stock is stamped "RI" upside down (it was done on some), correct hump handguard. Stock has been sanded and you can only see the outline of the original cartouche - very faint. Receiver has had the gas-port drilled at an arsenal, and receiver received a re-arsenal "hardness" punch, stock is original as it has both "serif" "P" on wrist, as well as standard "P" on wrist. This gun appeared to have almost all RI parts on it when I picked it up, there were a couple of Springfied parts, and I have swapped them out w/RI parts. RI made FAR FEWER M1903s than Springfield, this rifle is fairly rare. While it is not in it's "original" condition, it has all the correct parts (for it's sn range), from it's correct/original mfg.

2nd is an M1917 Eddystone, otherwise known as an "American Enfield." This is actually the rifle that roughly 70-80 % of Americans carried in WWI. SGT York didn't carry a Springfield 03 (despite the legends), he carried one of these. This is an early 123XXX sn range, barrel mfg in 11-17 (correct receiver/barrel mfg range), they started production in 08-17. Bore is good w/light frosting and strong rifling. This is an Eddystone mfg (parent comany was Remington). This appears to have been a Canadian lend/lease gun as it has a Canadian proof on the stock, the sn has been added to the stock and bolt, and the rear of the follower has been smoothed over so the bolt doesn't catch on the last round (all these were practiced by the Canadian Army arsenals). This one does have a small import mark on the 6 o'clock of the muzzle. ALL the parts on this rifle are blued (original and there are no signs of a re-arsenal. All visible parts are stamped w/the Eddystone "E" (original to factory) EXCEPT the stock, which is Remington "R" stamped (It was the parent compant and could've been shipped over...). Handguards are "E" stamped on the inside. Somebody put a thumping on the mag floorplate and it has several dings on it, not dented up or anything, just some dings (stock is not messed up though). This one also comes w/the original M1914 Kerr sling. The action on this rifle is like glass.

I can answer serious (detailed) questions about the rifles via PM. I just posted the general/big-picture stuff here now. I can also post/PM more detailed pics if necessary. I will leave these here for a week or so, then they are going to GB.

$650, each

All forum rules apply

Thanks

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
dang thats a nice 1903, i want one of those pretty bad lol. here is a free bump!

·
Registered
900 Posts
PM sent ... in progress.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Superb price as at gunshow last weekend I saw none so inexpensive. I have always liked the M1903, it is a superb weapon. I prefer it to either the Mauser or Enfield of that era.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I need cash right now (trying to pay off bills and save for a wedding at the same time)...

For anyone interested in both, I will let them go (as a pair) for $1200.00

Jarrod

1 - 6 of 6 Posts