AK Rifles banner

WTS 1969 Tula complete matching kit with rare Russian circle y proofed virgin barrel

4K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  Mitchell 
#1 ·
I hate to let this one go. A super nice 1969 Tula AKM parts kit with all matching numbers to include; top cover, bolt, recoil spring, front trunnion. Please see the pictures for further. The recoil spring and top cover have been crossed out do a factory refurb at some point in its life, but the original number is matching. Pretty cool in my opinion. Most of the unnumbered parts are Tula I believe. The gas block and rear sight may be Izzy. The stock is no doubt matching in wear and patina to front hand guards. Also, included in the listing is an ultra rare circle Y stamped virgin barrel. Some believe these to be unused Russian left overs or possibly Romanian. I haven't heard a definitive answer yet. The stamping is definitely a Russian Cyrillic circle Y. Either way, they are really hard to find!

This would make a fantastic build. Getting really hard to find these like this anymore. Please contact me if you have any questions or need additional pictures. Shipping will be from St Louis. Asking $1900 for everything. I will be cross posting this so first one who says "I'll take it" get the kit. IM or email me directly at seagle243@charter.net.

Thanks,

Mark

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I have requests for additional pictures. I forgot to include the gas tube number and selector. I'm told this is a nice late '69 kit that is all Tula with the exception of the RSB and selector which are Izzy. Need to move this one so I willing to work on the price. Here are some more pics.

Attachments

#8 ·
I have an RGuns kit that the selector is the correct number but incorrect manufacture as well. I thought I was the only one.

Those barrels ARE forgeries. The “y” was a post build proof mark and would never be found on a Russian virgin barrel according to Doug (Tantal). The orientation is 90 Degrees off too, they really didn’t do their homework before they added the ‘y”. I have attached a few pics of various Izzy and Tula PLO kit barrels. Even one with two ”y” proofs. Anyone care to guess where this came from?

1977 Izzy AKMS (Factory New)

1970 Izzy AKM PLO

1969 Tula PLO

1964 Izzy PLO

I will let you guys guess on this one. It’s a PLO kit.

Attachments

#20 · (Edited)
When I posted this kit for sale I had no idea the barrel was Romanian. I paid a lot for the barrel and even provided you guys with the link where I purchased it on GunBroker. It wasn't until you guys educated me through this thread that I realized I got screwed on the barrel. I then discounted the kit drastically to reflect what you guys said about the barrel, ultimately taking a loss on the barrel from what I originally paid. I wasn't trying to deceive anyone or fabricate lies to further decimate the hobby!! Some members on this forum really need to chill out and not assume everyone is out to screw them. Please don't question my integrity! I have an extensive collection of rare AKs but this is the last item I will ever sell on this forum.

#24 ·
My post was definitive.

It was posted to educate, which it obviously did. He did lower the price on GB but did not update the listing. (He also had it listed to us at $100 over GB price which was a surprise)

It’s really easy to agree if the OP’s integrity is tarnished... did the GB buyer know definitively it was a fake barrel? If so, OP is relieved of my judgment. If not, he’s just one more part of the problem with this world.

And if he didn’t know that was a fake barrel he can keep his “extensive” collection. I don‘t need another Norinco, WASR, factory Tula built RPK.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.