AK Rifles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some funds quickly so, I'm offering 1 pair of type I AK47 grip panels.

$275.00 shipped, conus. NO upcharge for CC. I will trade for new cond. AKSU top cover & base, h'guard retainer, gas tube & FSB assemblies.

I figure their must be someone building a type I replica, that needs these, or a collector that has to have them.

Besides AA-OK's inventory, I know of only 6 sets of these in the US.

If there's interest, I'll send or post pics.

Thanks for looking.

These grips are SOLD.

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
:shock:

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
DUDE, I WILL TAKE THEM LIKE A MOTHER FU#*ER!!!

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I have two sets.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't feel stomped on. Don't think I wouldn't snap up anymore if I run across them, especially at $35.00 a set. These are way more uncommon than aluminum AK mags, for that matter.

jithaca, I think you weighed in on the Gunsnet thread about who had these, a couple of years ago. At the time, 6 people spoke up.

I ran across this set in 1999 or 2000, & have never seen a set offered for sale, except by aa-ok, new or used.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Dieter, these will only fit a type I AK47. You don't see type I's often except perhaps if you're lucky in a museum or in the sandbox if you happen to stumble over one there.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
One of my sets came out of Europe. The other set I just lucked into, it was the set from the EE.

I need a Type I selector lever, that i will probably never find.

Here is a picture of what they mount to. It is an extension of the trigger guard. You will have to click on the link. I am not smart enough to insert a picture.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/ji ... AKS47a.jpg

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Kuiper said:
Dieter, these will only fit a type I AK47. You don't see type I's often except perhaps if you're lucky in a museum or in the sandbox if you happen to stumble over one there.
Actually, I bought a deact one here in Germany.. It came via the Ukraine.. It is not in Switzerland being reactivated.. It was brand new, all matching numbers.. Even the bayonet that came with it matched.

Have a line on more of them from the Ukraine, but coming via Russia.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
wildmann43 said:
I don't feel stomped on. Don't think I wouldn't snap up anymore if I run across them, especially at $35.00 a set. These are way more uncommon than aluminum AK mags, for that matter.

jithaca, I think you weighed in on the Gunsnet thread about who had these, a couple of years ago. At the time, 6 people spoke up.

I ran across this set in 1999 or 2000, & have never seen a set offered for sale, except by aa-ok, new or used.
Well I already got some PMs about this so not to take a shit in your ad, so sorry if I offend. (I don't think you really thought that either anyway).

But there has to be more of those grips in the US. I'm thinking in the high double digits, BUT... The thing is how many have survived. That's the real question, people throw stuff like that away all the time or give it away not knowing the true value. Same deal with the High Standard Model C short .22 pistols for example.

They are very rare and it was a good find.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts