AK Rifles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got 2 5.45 plum magazines that were made by Izhmash. One has the "М" stamp and the other one has the "Ч" stamp.
Most of the time I see the "M" was on magazines and bayonets that were made in the soviet era.
But with this plum mag, it should have the "M" stamp, shouldn't it?

Please educate me.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
The black bayonet that came with my KBI-imported SVD is black with the Y paint stamp. I bought that rifle new from CDNN in the late 90's... Bayo is serial #'d to the rifle.

I have some short 10rd mags with the y, and some "True black" 30rd, I got them all here in our marketplace in 2010 from different sellers. The 10rds came with the SGL31's and KVAR sold them seperately also. That's where I first saw them. Who knows how long they were available in Russia before they made their way here, but at least its a start.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
The 'y' stamp is generally associated with the 'true black' polymer formulation for the mags, whatever the caiber...the 'm' is generally associated with the plum colored formulations...however there is what can be called a 'transitional' plum (very dark color) that will carry the 'y' stamp...it is a very dark plum formulation that is easily mistaken for the 'true black' polymer...giving it the light test will always reveal whether it's a true black or a dark plum transitional...also these transitional plum mags have a smoother and slightly shinier finish than the true blacks...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts