AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how much plum Izhmash AK74 mags with the small logo would be worth? Will post pics tomorrow or Monday. Have one that has the triangle with more rounded edges and one with sharper edges.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I hadn't realized there was a difference in value but recently I've seen unsanitized Russian 5.45 mags go for $20-40 depending on condition.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought the small logo mags were more rare? I've never seen them in person before now. Here are some pics:

And to compare, from left to right, the "sharp edge" small logo, "round edge" small logo, and regular Izhmash logo.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Yeah, they aren't as common, but I didn't pay a premium for mine, curved or sharp edged, and I have yet to see them in an ad with an inflated price. I'm not a collector, though, so hopefully someone else can clarify this.

In that condition, I can't see myself spending more than $20-30. That said, if you're patient, I imagine you could get $10-15 over typical value from the right person if you just make a big deal out of the markings. That's a wild guess, though. I'm curious as well.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I have some with the small logo and they are all the matte plum mags

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
There are 3 sizes of izzy 74 logos...small, medium and large...I have them in the matte plums and in the true blacks...haven't seen them vary in the shiney plums but I wouldn't be surprised to find out they do...I haven't paid a premium for them nor have I seen anyone asking for one...

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Drat. Okay well thanks for the info. I guess I'll keep the small logo mags and sell a few regular ones that I have plenty of.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts