AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Same one I picked up a little bit ago, still debating on keeping it or selling it to fund a AKS-74 build. Pictures located here
http://www.theakforum.net/forums/49...lics/167411-1952-all-matching-polish-m44.html

GB has anything ranging from 250-500, their all mismatching. Not trying to make a fortune off anyone, but looking for a good estimate for it. As stated, all matching numbers, stock in very good condition, probably about 95%+ finish.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
26,337 Posts
Although it does look lightly used, what is the barrel condition? Has it ever been counter bored, and where is the import mark? I may be interested in this one.
Honestly, I would shoot a PM to Miller Tyme , he's up on prices on these rifles.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Barrel has strong rifling, though it does look like its seem some firing and not cleaned as well as it should, but defiantly no worse than a majority of other Mosins I've seen, I'd rate that at about 60-70%. Import stamped very lightly on the barrel near the bayonet folding mechanism. I don't believe it's counterbored. I put a 54r round in and it still has plenty of meat on it.

·
Super Moderator
26,337 Posts
Barrel condition always is a factor when determining price. Although I would check around some more, my best guess without seeing it would be from $250-$300. Does it have the cleaning rod?

·
Super Moderator
26,337 Posts
Ok, now to the barrel. Is it dark with strong lands, or is it dark with pits? A great way to really get a good look is to remove the bolt, then hold the chamber end of the barrel to a strong light, then look through the other end with a magnifying glass. You will be surprised at what you see even in a bright barrel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts