AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to know what this gun is worth; tried doing some searching and not having the best of luck. The details:
-Norinco 84s
-Chambered in 5.56
-Fixed wood stock
-PreBan
-Bayonet lug (NO bayonet)
-Factory sling
-Factory cleaning kit
-Factory Manual
-Factory 30 round mag
-NO original box
-Blueing is in excellent condition without corrosion
-The stock and receiver have some light marks
-NO deep scratched
-Bore appears to be nice and shiney

The gun looks great and has been well taken care of. If I had to give it a grade id say it's easily an A-, maybe B+ for a tough critic. I'm not sure this is something worth $750 or is that way low and it's more like $1200 or is that way high? Thanks in advance, what you fella thinkin?

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
I bought one around end of November for $850 in similar condition to what you're describing. Just a good shooter grade. I see people asking higher for them but they're typically NIB to bring more. The 5.56 guns don't seem to be as sought after as the 7.62 ones. Hit up gunbroker and you can get a good idea of what similar ones are selling for. If it was me selling it I'd prob ask $1000 to start with and knock it down $50 till it sells. Pop some pics up if you get a chance, also post who the importer is, that seems to effect price as well on some of the guns.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Check Gunbroker sold auctions. That will give you a better idea of what people are willing to pay.

There are a ton of 84S versions that aren't selling because they are priced too high.

Although the 84S is a really nice and very accurate rifle, it never caught on.

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
Yep, what people are asking vrs what people are willing to pay are totally different most times. The underfolders seem to bring about $200 more than the fixed stocks in those.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I stopped at a local gun shop today to pickup a gun and asked if he had any 84s and their price tag. He told me he just sold 1 for $1800!! and it wasnt even a new in box. The cheapest "good" condition im seeing on gunbroker is $1200 and up. I thought the gunbroker prices seemed high but compared to local CT shops they are low

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Higher prices in the Constitution State are probably because of the unconstitutional firearm laws being shoved down your throats.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts