AK Rifles banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to see if i have a Russian Drum here....or if its romanian. Finish appears flat/parked type. no obvious Russian related symbols

thanks, Joe

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
They should be stamped alot, the constuction is slightly different, this one has a factory stamp by the feed. There is little stamps all over it. The spring load is different has the circle with a straight cut and 4 rivet marks. there are more stamps under the sticker.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankyou for the pics and info......im gonna study this one more, and will try and post some pics.....

thanks again, Joe

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
drum

as with all russian RPK's the trunions, mags & drums have the molot mark.The russian drums are marked a little differently,the serial number is on the loading lever, then there is a star & sheild [molot] & serial number is on the rim of the front half of the drum & just a serial number on the rim of the back cover.Most all the other drums have just a serial number.That drum pictured looks to have a crylic letter pre-fix, i don't know what country that's from, if anybody knows i would like to know as well

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
East Germany made ones that are same as the Russians, but uderneath the sticker there is a the diamond stamp which the Russians stamped on everything. My other drum has the badge and star stamp by the feed. This one came with the Russian case & the other had a East German case.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
sasm7 said:
East Germany made ones that are same as the Russians, but uderneath the sticker there is a the diamond stamp which the Russians stamped on everything. My other drum has the badge and star stamp by the feed. This one came with the Russian case & the other had a East German case.
East Germany never made drums or RPKs - these were all supplied by Russia.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
drums

as far ias i know all russian made RPK everything is molot marked.Check the 45rd bakelite mags metel mags & drums all star & sheild marked, if i'm not mistaken molot was the only factory that made RPK's & asseceries.We need stottman to chime in.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Re: drums

caliri47 said:
as far ias i know all russian made RPK everything is molot marked.Check the 45rd bakelite mags metel mags & drums all star & sheild marked, if i'm not mistaken molot was the only factory that made RPK's & asseceries.We need stottman to chime in.
Not at all. Russia made unmarked RPK 40rd. mags and 75rd. drums for export to the DDR.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
drum

yeh russia made east german mags un marked to hide country of origin, they wouldn't have given them arsenal marked stuff .Just like they made stuff for bulgaria unmarked. I'm talking about russian made & russian used, arsenal marked

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mine looks just like the one in your last set of pics.....i have that 8 inside a triangle also on the round knob....

Now, not to throw a monkey wrench into this, what makes the Romy drums different ?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
few pics of mine, tried to highlight some of the markings....some are faint, cant see in ...and may have been sterilized ?

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
drums

I'm going to say that those couple of drums are soviet made, by the cyrilic letter pre-fix & being numbered on the front & rear of the covers.Ive got 3-4 other drums that have only the number on the loader.In fact the yugo has the numbers on the other side of the loading tower

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Ive also had some unissued Molot marked 40rd. RPK magazines come straight out of sealed DDR 'blister packs.'

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Bought mine when they still had the Old Town Mall gun show in Spring, TX.....Rows of 40 rounders in OD painted military shipping crates with Deutsch writing all over them.

I purposely went through and checked for the Molot marked mags and selected them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts