AK Rifles banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new old stock set of polytech spiker handguards. What is the fair market value on these. they still have greese on them, have never been mounted, and include the gas tube on them. thanks for any help.

· Registered
2,728 Posts
I've bought gas tubes with the upper HG for as low as $10 at various funshows. The lower HG with the bayo cut usually can be had in the $20 range. If yours happens to be a "take off" and has the small pin that runs thru it from side to side (the one you see on the outside of the HG, not the hardware in the barrel channel) then maybe a few bucks more to the purist who is looking for a set to match factory. Just my .02

· Registered
81 Posts
Spiker handguards

56Type, how does one distinguish a lower handguard meant for a milled receiver from one to fit a stamped frame by eyeball ???

Thanks in advance.

:doh:

· Registered
2,728 Posts
Are you talking about for a screw-in barrel or a press and pin barrel like the one that's on the Legend ?? The main difference is the metal ferrule at the back, the one for the screw-in barrel will have a rounded opening to allow the shoulder of the barrel to fit. The press and pin barrel like that found on the Legend will be the same as the stamped reciever and the metal ferrule will have a "U" shaped cut-out for the barrel since the press and pin style don't have the shoulder that a screw-in barrel does. Also the part on the wood that goes into the reciever is usually smaller by just a bit on the LHG for the milled rifle (hard to tell by eyeballing it).

If you need pics PM me and I'll get a few comparasion pics for you...

· Registered
3,164 Posts
The actual spike lower for milled receiver is quite rare. Closest available are the blond ones from Polytech, those don't have a reinforcement pin but the metal part and part that goes into the receiver is for stamped.. I had one of these fitted for my milled receiver and it is the closest I could find.
The ones that have a reinforcement pin from side to side are usually for norinco spikers and have a orange stain. The ones with pin might have been used on milled also but I'm not sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.